Terre des hommes (tdh) Germany is an international child rights non-profit organization which supports community based organizations (CBOs) and non-governmental organizations (NGOs) improving the living conditions of children and ensuring a fairer world where children’s rights are fully realised. Tdh does not implement projects directly but establishes partnerships with local civil society organizations who work closely with rights holders (Children and youth) and duty bearers (caregivers, community members, schools, government, parliamentarians, other) and know better how to achieve sustainable changes that ensure children’s rights are respected and fulfilled.
The Southern Africa Coordination Office, referred to hereafter as Tdh SACO, comprises one regional office in Johannesburg and two national offices in Zimbabwe and Mozambique, manages and coordinates tdh programme in five countries in Southern Africa (South Africa, Zimbabwe, Zambia, Mozambique and Namibia).
Based in Johannesburg with a hybrid office/remote work, terre des hommes seeks to fill the position of:
PART-TIME ACCOUNTS ASSISTANT
The Accounts Assistant will support the Finance and Administrative teams at Tdh Germany’s Southern Africa Coordination Office (SACO) to ensure efficient and timely execution of financial reports. The incumbent should be a consistent, accurate person who is able to minimise errors with adequate knowledge of accounting, and the use of software accounting systems
Key responsibilities for the Accounts Assistant will include:
- Capturing transactions properly, recording and entering them into the Tdh computerized accounting system (Fundtrac)
- Establish and maintain cash controls
- Prepare and reconcile bank statements
- SACO Asset register preparation, update, and monitoring
- Debtors and Creditors reconciliations and monitoring
- Support the Regional Finance Controller and Administrative Assistants to ensure Audit deadlines are met
The Accounts Assistant must meet the following requirements:
- Accounting Diploma, plus minimum 3 years’ experience
- Understanding Accounting best practices and knowledge of relevant Accounting Standards
- High attention to detail, accuracy, and good data entry skills
- Excellent Microsoft Excel proficiency
- A committed team worker displaying professionalism
- Excellent Administration and Organisational skills
- Knowledge of any Accounting software
This is a 1-year part-time service provision contract (96 hours per month, 12 days a month) with the possibility to be extended.
Tdh Germany is committed to a work environment that is inclusive and diverse. It is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants including minorities and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
View the full job description and application instructions on the Vacancies page at www.actionappointments.co.za/vacancies and email your application by Friday, 4th March 2022 to [email protected]