[email protected] is a leading Implementation Partner (IP) to the Youth Employment Services (YES) and strives to empower young people by placing them in quality work experiences. We are looking for a passionate HR professional to enhance the youth and host site management, share the impact via social media platforms and use this position to positively manage workplace behaviour in accordance with the highest standards of HR practices. We are a small team with wide reach working within a large network of NGO’s and corporate funders which offers a lot of variety in job requirements, but also demands flexibility, agility and attention to detail as well as excellent written and verbal communication skills and leadership skills.
Key responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to:
- Implement and further develop employment guidelines for all current [email protected] Staff and all YES Youth currently within the 12 month youth journey.
- Enhance and manage comprehensive approaches to employee development, retention and on boarding by refining and implementing: [email protected] Employment Guidelines and all related employment processes
- Guide and manage the HR team in supporting performance management, talent management, learning and development, engagement, employee benefits, policies and compliance.
- Coordinate the setting and implementation of the Human Resources strategy and alignment to organizational strategy and organizational plans and development of required HR skill sets.
- Lead and execute long and short-term department objectives ensuring staff capacity development and succession planning
- Develop and manage remuneration strategy and payment structures including salary benchmarking and surveys.
- Set a performance evaluation strategy and manage the implementation for all [email protected] staff at Head Office and in the field
- Ensure CCMA cases are managed and dealt with effectively and completely
- Provide management training and coaching on all industrial relations aspects
- Ensure consistent application of disciplinary code and procedures
- Manage training strategy of all employees
- Other valuable assets are to be able to promote the social media presence of [email protected]
The Lead in HR and Communications must meet the following criteria:
- Master’s degree in Human Resources Management, Industrial and Organisational Psychology, Labour Relations or related field
- At least 2 years in a senior management position, demonstrated leadership and management experience in a generalist human resources environment
- Experience working in an NPO/NGO highly advantageous
- Enjoy working with youth and be specifically interested in furthering their skills to boost employability
- Computer Literacy and proficiency in MS Office
- Demonstrated experience in establishing, managing and delivering human resources processes, procedures and projects
- Demonstrated in-depth knowledge of Basic Conditions of Employment Act, Labour Relations Act, Skills Development Act, Skills Development Levies Act, Employment Equity Act and Occupational Health and Safety Act
- Demonstrated policy development and implementation
- Demonstrated ability to creatively implement HR solutions and solve HR related problems
Please submit a
- A one-page cover letter motivating your suitability to the position
- A maximum three-page Curriculum Vitae (CV) detailing:
- All qualifications obtained.
- All work experience, with detailed reference to all teaching experience (Phase, Level e.g. Head of Department)
- A minimum of 2 references from previous employers.
- Your availability (the position is available immediately)
Please submit completed applications to [email protected]