The Resettlement Support Center (CWS RSC Africa) operates a US refugee resettlement program in sub-Saharan Africa through a Cooperative Agreement with the Department of State/Bureau of Population, Refugees and Migration. CWS RSC Africa is responsible for the preparation of refugee case files for adjudication by US Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) officers, as well as the out-processing and cultural orientation of all approved cases. CWS RSC Africa is administered by the Church World Service Immigration Refugee Program (CWS/IRP) and is based in Nairobi, Kenya with a sub-office in Pretoria, South Africa.
Based in Nairobi, Kenya – Church World Service seeks to appoint a
CALL CENTER MANAGER
This position is responsible for overseeing all the operations of the Contact Center at RSC Africa under the United States Refugee Admissions Program (USRAP). This includes managing workflow within the Call Center and coordinating with other program departments. The position will provide project management support for the call center set-up, oversee development of standard operating procedure and call scripts,
and ensure technology supporting the call center are in line with USRAP manual. The position will also collect, analysis and report on the call center statistics. The position is a member of the RSC Africa Leadership Team.
The Call Center Manager will be responsible for the following duties:
- Ensures all Call Center operating functions within the Processing Support Department strictly adhere to the DOS/BPRM, USCIS, RPC, CWS and RSC Africa policies, guidelines and procedures.
- Ensures development, implementation, dissemination and monitoring of standard operating procedures (SOPs) for Call Center Operations for the US Refugee Admissions Program in subSaharan Africa and specifically ensures their designated SOP is up to date and adhered to.
- Works cross functionally with other department managers to ensure that the objectives of the organization are being met and outcomes are being delivered within agreed service level agreements
- Closely monitors the call logs and call reports monitoring the number of abandoned calls versus staffing requirements.
- Coordinate with Unit Supervisors, and Data Integrity Department to ensure that all appropriate reports are functional and updated regularly and in line with USRAP, USCIS, RPC, and RSC standard guidelines.
- In coordination with the IT team, ensure proper use and service of Call Center software and technology.
- Provide direct supervision and leadership to the Call Center Supervisors, including yearly performance evaluations, developing job descriptions, participating in hiring and coordinating leave.
- Develop and implement training modules for Call Center staff, in coordination with the Training unit, and ensure that staff receive cross training on different aspects of refugee processing, and that they are monitored and evaluated.
The Call Center Manager must meet the following criteria:
- Bachelor’s Degree or 4 years of paid work experience in lieu of a Bachelor’s degree is required. Master’s degree is preferred.
- Eight (8) years of paid work experience required.
- Three (3) years of direct supervisory experience is required.
- Minimum of 2 years' work experience at RSC Africa or US refugee resettlement is preferred.
- Previous experience working in a Contact Center required.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Strong customer service delivery skills.
- Excellent diplomatic skills including calmness and excellent communication skills.
- Good project management skills.
- Strong computer skills, in particular Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook and Access.
- Advance knowledge of market standard Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software.
- Thorough knowledge and comprehensive understanding of the Worldwide Refugee Admissions
- Processing System (WRAPS) database, USRAP Policies and Procedures.
The candidate should be of good health, willing and able to travel extensively in often difficult conditions, and have a high degree of flexibility. A clear background check is required before the start of employment. Must be legally eligible to work full time in Kenya.
View the full job description and application instructions on the Vacancies page at www.actionappointments.co.za and email your application by Friday July 9th 2021 to [email protected]