Anchor Executive Recruitment
DONOR - FUNDED
COMMUNITY ANIMAL CLINIC
KHAYELITSHA, CAPE TOWN
REF: PSA 697
NO RELOCATION COSTS AVAIBLE
THE MAIN REQUIREMENTS OF THIS ROLE ARE THAT THIS PERSON HAS STRONG GENERAL MANAGERIAL EXPERIENCE, AN OUTSTANDING LOVE OF ANIMALS AND A GOOD UNDERSTANDING OF THEIR PLACE IN THE COMMUNITY, AND AN ABILITY TO WORK WITHIN A PRESSURED ENVIRONMENT
THIS IS A DEFINITE POSITION FOR AN AFFIRMATIVE CANDIDATE WITH THE RELEVANT MANAGEMENT SKILLS
The GENERAL MANAGER is responsible for the successful leadership and management of this Animal Clinic according to the strategic direction set by the organisation and endorsed by the Board of Directors.
The ultimate purpose of this crucial role is seeking to enhance the wellbeing of animal patients and animals living in the community through veterinary healthcare, education, and partnerships.
The crucial areas of responsibility, skills and requirements are:
- Organisational development and Leadership and adherence to the long-term strategic plan and annual plan.
- Oversee the efficient and effective planning and operational management of the Clinic., and through the Operations Manager oversee the efficient and effective day-to-day planning of operations of the Clinic to maintain or improve quality of all services.
- Oversight and implementation of all financial systems and controls including salaries.
- Together with the Board of Directors and Fundraising and Communications Manager, secures adequate funding for the operation of the organisation.
- Develop a comprehensive time-bound budget plan and submit it to the Board
- Administer the funds of the Clinic according to the approved budget and monitors the cash flow monthly. Ensure accurate and timeous payroll for staff.
- Oversee and manage the performance of all staff members, and the implementation of policies with regards to human resources procedures and practices, including training, advanced skills development, performance appraisals and disciplinary action when necessary.
- Together with all stake holders, promote the vision and mission of the clinic and represent the Clinic at public events and in the media.
- Ensure there is good and clear communication with and between the Board of Directors, donors, Government, and members of staff.
- Establish good working relationships and collaborative arrangements with community groups, donors, Government, and other any other organisations to help achieve the vison and mission of the Clinic.
- Ensure that the programmes and services offered by the Clinic contribute to its vision and mission and also reflect the strategic direction.
This is a donor funded organisation and there is no allowance for relocation costs, so ideally this candidate will live in Cape Town or immediate surrounds.
If your skills and General Management experience meet the above requirements, please send your CV, and current or most recent Salary to Pat Stewart of Anchor Executive Recruitment on [email protected]