The Tomorrow Trust is a non-profit organisation founded in 2005, which supports orphaned and vulnerable children throughout their educational journey. Providing education and holistic support, they focus on academics and life skills, thereby empowering each individual to reach their full potential as self-sustaining and proactive members of society.
Based in Johannesburg, The Tomorrow Trust seeks to appoint an exceptional leader with experience in leading and managing an organization.
CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER
The CEO of Tomorrow Trust will be responsible for translating their passion for making a difference in the lives of others into leading and inspiring the team in the provision of education opportunities for orphaned and vulnerable children up to tertiary level.
Key responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to:
- Providing strategic direction and vision
- Fundraising, building and maintaining relationships with donors
- Financial oversight and guidance of the organisation
- Leading and motivating the team of 14 professional staff who provide psychosocial support and perform the administrative responsibilities of the organisation
- Creating and identifying a platform from which the Tomorrow Trust can continue to leverage innovation and unique opportunities
- Communicating, upholding and promoting the vision and mission of the Tomorrow Trust to all stakeholders including donors, volunteers, staff and beneficiaries
Essential requirements for the CEO are:
- A minimum of 10-15 years’ experience in the same or similar role
- A suitable degree is a minimum requirement, with Honours or Masters would be an advantage
- Extensive experience in successfully leading a credible organisation
- Creative complex problem-solving skills
- The ability to oversee and prudently manage the financial responsibilities of an organisation
- Proven experience and a successful record in fundraising
- Proven ability to network at the highest level and build lasting relationships with donors
- Ability to deliver high quality to tight deadlines and hold a team to the same standard
- Ability to manage and prioritise a complex set of responsibilities
- Excellent facilitation and personal development skills
- Entrepreneurial spirit and the vision to spot innovative opportunities and solutions
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to engage authentically with all stakeholders