The Global Fund For Jesus (GFFJ) is a Johannesburg, South Africa-based international organization and universal platform that works to bring the Kingdom of God on earth by focusing on uplifting the disadvantaged and enhancing the health status and well-being of populations around the world through education, health, infrastructure development, poverty alleviation, food security and economic empowerment projects. The organization is in its preparation phase and is scheduled for a global operational launch in January 2022. The goal is for GFFJ to become the best and largest fund for social justice in the world by doing what Jesus would do if He were physically present today on earth.
Based in Johannesburg, South Africa – Global Fund for Jesus (GFFJ) seeks to appoint
MULTI-SECTOR SERVICES MANAGERS (x6)
Under the leadership and direct supervision of the Multi-Sector Services Department Head, the incumbent develops, plans, directs, implements, monitors, evaluates and fast-tracks a specific ground-breaking, multimillion-dollar global sector strategy to build a better future for children, families and communities, enhance their health status and wellbeing and meet the needs of disadvantaged, marginalized and vulnerable populations around the world. Applicants should apply for one of the six following sector manager vacancies as experts in their field:
- Healthcare Projects
- Education Projects
- Food Security Projects
- Job Creation Projects
- Entrepreneurship Projects
- Economic Empowerment Projects
Key responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to:
- Strategy & Resource Mobilization (making better use of, and maximizing existing resources):
- Designs and executes a specific and tailored global strategy in one of six Multi-Sector Services according to his/her predilection and expertise (health, education, food security, job creation, entrepreneurship, economic empowerment).
- Provides leadership, management and direction to implement targeted sector at global, regional and national level to enhance population, health, development, relief and advocacy outcomes in 5 continents through 30 Regional Offices and 200 Country Offices.
- Networking & Partnership Engagement:
- Influence, outreach, network, engage and manage productive relationships with diverse Implementing Partners (public, private and non-profit partners, i.e., government institutions, business and private enterprises, civil society, local and international non-governmental organizations, faith-based organizations, community and grass-root organizations, etc.) to deliver critical services to vulnerable populations.
- Contributes to provide sector specific guidance, training and support to 30 Regional Directors and 200 Country Directors around the world to implement multi-sector services projects and meet global, regional and national goals and sustainability targets.
- Program Leadership & Management:
- Plans, develops, manages and oversees a customized Service Sector working closely with key internal and external stakeholders.
- Ensures the delivery of quarterly, biannual and annual program and project implementation benchmarks and indicators to measure and track global, regional and national service provision, benefits, results and impact, and integrates lessons learned into current programming and making corrective actions as needed to ensure progress toward targets and sustainability of efforts.
The Multi-Sector Services Managers must meet the following functional and experiential criteria:
- Proven track record and work experience in millionaire international technical, cooperation and development assistance, preferably in international population, health, development, relief, advocacy and investment fields.
- Ability to develop strategic alliances and partnerships with a variety of public, private and non-profit stakeholders, particularly efficient and effective population, health and development implementation programs with key public, private and non-profits partners and faith-based and community development organizations.
- Strong knowledge in program and project design, implementation, monitoring, evaluation, learning and reporting including grant writing, donor reporting and technical reports.
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, networking, presentation and communication skills including proven ability to conceptualize, innovate, plan and execute ideas and deliver results along with bilingual/multilingual and bicultural/multicultural skills.
- The following educational qualifications are preferred: advanced university degree with postgraduate training in business, finance, economics, international or public relationships or development, social sciences, law or related field.
- Proven background and ability to work effectively in one or more GFFJ program sectors: health, education, food security, job creation, entrepreneurship, economic development. Remember to specify which Sector of the Services you are applying for in your application.
- Over 15 years of combined national and international experience with multilateral and bilateral agencies and donors; global population, health and development organisations; relief, emergency and humanitarian institutions; corporate social responsibility programs; public/private partnerships, and faith-based and community development organisations
This position is open to candidates of all nationalities, and multilingual candidates are also encouraged to apply. Candidates should have a 100% Christian background and commitment to do what Jesus would do if He were physically present on earth. Submissions will be reviewed on a rolling basis until a candidate is chosen, or until the closing date, whichever occurs earlier.
View the full job description and application instructions on the Vacancies page at www.actionappointments.co.za and email your application by Friday 25th June to [email protected]. In addition to a normal letter of motivation, all candidates must send a one-page response addressing the following topics. View the full job description on our website for further information.
1. Summary of your qualifications and experience.
2. The reason why you are interested in the position.
3. Summary of your three main strengths and three areas for improvement.
4. What makes you unique and distinguishes you from other top-tier candidates.
5. Description of your walk, relationship and experience with Jesus Christ.