Southern Africa Trust
Opportunity type: Employment
Contract type: Fixed term employment up to 31 September 2021
The Southern Africa Trust was established in 2005, to support civil society organisations in Southern Africa to participate effectively and with credibility in policy dialogue so that the voices of the poor can have better impact in the development of public policies. Our mandate is to work on a non-profit basis, to engage in activities that contribute to the reduction of poverty & inequality. In delivering this mandate, we strive to strengthen the voices of poor people in public policy processes. Africans deserve an economy that allows each person to lead a dignified and meaningful life. We believe inclusive economies are critical for reducing poverty and inequality and unlocking the potential of regional integration to generate jobs, drive innovation, protect the environment and generate economic opportunities for all.
The Southern Africa Trust seeks to recruit an exceptional individual to join the Trust and contribute to our mission and ensure we have the capacity and skills as we transition to the next phase of our strategy.
The main purpose of this role is to lead the development and implementation of the resource mobilisation and sustainability strategy of the Trust, diversify and build a solid funding portfolio to support the Trust’s programmes across the region. The position will establish new business, build partnerships and funding opportunities. It will also identify, build and sustain both innovative and traditional resource streams.
- Leading the development and implementation of a business development and sustainability plan that will support the mission of the Trust
- Developing, implementing and monitoring fundraising strategies and a develop sustainable investment action plan, to ensure organisational continuity
- Managing the Southern Africa Trust Enterprise, a profit - making entity to drive the sustainability of the Trust
- Managing donors and strategic partner relationships cultivation and engagement including facilitating business and partnership continuation initiatives
- Contributing to Programmes development of strategies and initiatives to inform business development activities.
- Conducting sector research and analysis, reporting on lessens learnt
- Managing and overseeing the compilation of management reporting for the resource mobilisation and fundraising unit
- Managing and keeping the resource mobilisation and fundraising team motivated
The candidate must hold a relevant B. Com degree plus MBA or equivalent qualification, must also have at least 8 years’ of relevant experience, with at least 3 years in a Senior Specialist level. The candidate must demonstrate the following competencies: strong strategic capability with the ability to conceptualise, develop and implement new and existing strategies, possess business development and investment skills, resource mobilisation skills, ability to work with stakeholders and build strong relations , project management, understanding of business development and sustainability principles. Must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, strong negotiation, excellent communication and writing skills, must be highly motivated to deliver positive change.
Please forward your curriculum vitae and covering letter explaining of your interest in the work of the Trust to email [email protected]
Please include the position title you are applying for in the email subject line.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. The Southern Africa Trust is an equal opportunities employer. All applicants must be in possession of the appropriate and valid rights to work in South Africa.
The Southern Africa Trust reserves the right to modify this job advert or not to make an appointment.