Southern Africa Trust
The Southern Africa Trust was established in 2005, to support civil society organisations in Southern Africa to participate effectively and with credibility in policy dialogue so that the voices of the poor can have better impact in the development of public policies. Our mandate is to work on a non-profit basis, to engage in activities that contribute to the reduction of poverty & inequality. In delivering this mandate, we strive to strengthen the voices of poor people in public policy processes. Africans deserve an economy that allows each person to lead a dignified and meaningful life. We believe inclusive economies are critical for reducing poverty and inequality and unlocking the potential of regional integration to generate jobs, drive innovation, protect the environment and generate economic opportunities for all.
The Southern Africa Trust seeks to recruit an exceptional individual to join the Trust and contribute to our mission and ensure we have the capacity and skills as we transition to the next phase of our strategy.
The main purpose of the role include the implementation of the SADC SIBE Project which is aimed at promoting intra -regional investment and Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) in the region. The role will support the promotion of intra-regional investment and Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) in the SADC region, while enhancing financial markets integration, financial inclusion an access to capital, in particular for Small and Medium Enterprises.
- Implementing the Financial Inclusion and Investment project plans, building solid partnerships with the financial sector, research institutes, competent technical agencies and others
- Identifying new areas of work for the Trust, participating in all the SADC SIBE project meetings and establish key partnerships with financial inclusion actors
- Strengthening and capacitating partners and Small & Medium Enterprises, coordinating training for key stakeholders and providing budgeting and money management advice and support
- Coordinating and preparing reports for all the financial inclusion and investment projects and ensuring compliance to all project reporting requirements
- Developing and recommending a strong pipeline of good quality investment opportunities for the Trust, as well as developing innovative and appropriate financial structures for straightforward transactions
- Coordinating policy related investment initiatives related to specific Regional Economic Communities.
The candidate must have a relevant bachelor’s degree in finances, economics or related field, with at least 5 years of relevant experience in banking and finance areas from a recognised institution, an MBA or Masters Degree will an added advantage. Must have solid knowledge of the financial inclusion sector, SADC institutions and its regional economic integration imperatives. Practical experience in conducting needs assessments of microfinance clients, analysis of results, microfinance investment fund or a financial service provider. Excellent networking, written and verbal communication, research, business development skills. Passionate about development.
Please forward your curriculum vitae and covering letter explaining of your interest in the work of the Trust to email [email protected]
Please include the position title you are applying for in the email subject line.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. The Southern Africa Trust is an equal opportunities employer. All applicants must be in possession of the appropriate and valid rights to work in South Africa.
The Southern Africa Trust reserves the right to modify this job advert or not to make an appointment.