mothers2mothers (m2m) is an Africa-based NGO that unlocks the potential of women to eliminate paediatric AIDS and create healthy families across ten sub-Saharan African countries. m2m trains, employs, and helps empower women living with HIV to work as community healthcare workers in understaffed health centres and underserved communities. Through a peer-to-peer approach, these ‘Mentor Mothers’ deliver a range of health services, advice, and support to women and their families. Started in Cape Town, South Africa in 2001 with an initial focus on preventing mother-to-child transmission of HIV, m2m has innovated and built on its strengths and now provides family-centred support for a range of related health and social issues spanning pregnancy, birth, childhood, and adolescence. It also partners with governments and other NGOs on the adoption of its programme to spread the Mentor Mother Model and its benefits. m2m has a track record of scaling its services and proven impact. To date, m2m has reached over 11M women and children under two, and created more than 11,000 jobs for African women living with HIV. For more, visit www.m2m.org.
Human Resources Officer
The Human Resources Officer (HRO) is responsible for supporting HR operations at Head Office and in country programmes where there is no in-country HR by providing HR generalist operational implementation, support, coaching and guidance on HR related business matters for the entire employee life cycle. This role will specifically focus on recruitment, orientation/on boarding, performance management, HR administration, HR processing for payroll, employee leave management and in South Africa SETA reporting and submissions. This position reports to the Senior HR Business Partner and is based at m2m Head Office in Cape Town.
Key Performance Areas:
1. Employee Management and Support
- Processing all staff movements (engagements, terminations) and changes (status and contract changes/amendments/extensions) including drafting, obtaining approval and uploading on Premier system for Head Office, US, UK and country programmes with no HR in-country support.
- Support the Senior HR Business Partner with all aspects of the employee life cycle and the implementation of all regular HR generalist activities so as to meet all the HR daily services required and the HR work plan deliverables.
- Support the Senior HRBP to develop and implement change processes, employee engagement and/or team building initiatives and ensure these are embedded in the organisation by supporting and partnering with line management.
- Actively participate on the Global HR team to facilitate learning, development and consistency in HR practice.
2. HR Systems and HR Processing for Payroll
- Provide support to the HR Business partners to implement smart and effective HR processes at Head Office and in relevant country programmes.
- Utilise HR services across HR channels to ensure data integrity is maintained on all Head Office and relevant country office employee files and administrative documents.
- Implement accurate and compliant monthly employee information changes/updates for payroll on the Premier system.
- Prepare and complete an accurate Country Summary Spreadsheet (CSS) for timeous submission to the Senior HRBP to assist in the processing of salaries and benefits.
3. Co-ordination of the Performance Review process
- Supporting the Global HR Team with system preparation for the performance management process
- Uploading the Performance Development Contracts for all countries and affiliates and coordinating the performance appraisal release process
- Co-ordinating and engaging staff regarding updates to performance process, working with the Senior HRBP to facilitate staff information and capacity building sessions on performance
- Assisting the Senior HRBP with communication and coordination of the organisational performance process
- Assisting the Senior HRBP with reporting on the performance management process
- Ensuring all documentation is available for management performance processes such as calibration
4. Skills development Facilitation
- Skills Development Facilitator for the organisation which includes collating, analysing and reporting on learning and development as per legislation in South Africa (both SA programmes and head office)
- Completing all HWSETA documentation for approval by the HR Director
- Collating and tracking of all countries’ learning and development plans
5. Recruitment, Selection and Orientation/On-boarding
- In support of the Talent Acquisition Specialist assist with Head Office, Bid and relevant in-country recruitment in a timely and strategic manner as advised by the Senior HRBP.
- In support of the Talent Acquisition Specialist assist with the orientation and on-boarding of Head Office and relevant in-country employees.
- In collaboration with the Talent Acquisition Specialist facilitate and coordinate pre-employment checks for Head Office, US, UK and Country Programmes, flagging all irregularities to relevant managers and building capacity with the Global HR Team in terms of these checks
6. Knowledge Sharing and HR Projects
- Update and create employee access to all relevant HR documents on the HR SharePoint TeamSite or other portals as needed to promote knowledge sharing and institutional knowledge
- Work with the HR Team to develop and implement identified HR projects as per the work plan and other assigned people projects and HR calendar activities
Qualifications and Experience:
- Higher diploma in HR Management/ B-degree is advantageous preferably in Human Resources Management (HRM) or a related field.
- 3 - 4 years relevant experience as a human resources generalist; preferably 2 years’ experience in an NGO environment.
- Previous experience in working with SETA’s an advantage
- Knowledge and experience in Recruitment and Selection, Performance Management Processes and methodologies
- HR Employee Management Systems experience, Advanced knowledge of HR Premier an added advantage
- Strong administration, planning and project management skills
- Excellent documentation and implementation skills as an HR generalist
- Willingness to learn, develop and ask critical questions
- Ability to diagnose problems, identify and recommend the appropriate solutions in line with company policies and labour legislation
- Capacity to engage in a diverse work environment
- Comfortable working with multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- Well-developed attention to detail
- Well-developed presentation and facilitation skills
- Fluency in both written and verbal English
- Application of m2m values
mothers2mothers is an equal opportunity employer. We particularly encourage applications from people living with HIV and AIDS (PLWHA), people with disabilities, women and previously disadvantaged people.
Competitive salary packages will be negotiable in accordance with m2m’s remuneration policies.
Interested applicants should apply for this position via https://m2m.org/who-we-are/careers/ by 21 May 2021.