mothers2mothers (m2m) is an Africa-based NGO that unlocks the potential of women to eliminate paediatric AIDS and create healthy families across ten sub-Saharan African countries. m2m trains, employs, and helps empower women living with HIV to work as community healthcare workers in understaffed health centres and underserved communities. Through a peer-to-peer approach, these ‘Mentor Mothers’ deliver a range of health services, advice, and support to women and their families. Started in Cape Town, South Africa in 2001 with an initial focus on preventing mother-to-child transmission of HIV, m2m has innovated and built on its strengths and now provides family-centred support for a range of related health and social issues spanning pregnancy, birth, childhood, and adolescence. It also partners with governments and other NGOs on the adoption of its programme to spread the Mentor Mother Model and its benefits. m2m has a track record of scaling its services and proven impact. To date, m2m has reached over 11M women and children under two, and created more than 11,000 jobs for African women living with HIV. For more, visit www.m2m.org.
The HR Co-ordinator role is responsible for supporting HR operations at Head Office through administration, systems work; and wellness support and coordination. The role will assist the Head Office HR team with the Employee Management System, the maintenance of employee records on VIP Premier, assistance with HR processing for payroll, the employee leave management system and the provision of administrative support. This role administers the employee health and wellness portfolio. In addition it provides administrative support to the Head Office HR Team and the HR Director. This role is the backup to the ESS and Premier Super User. This position reports to the HR Business Partner and is based at the m2m head Office in Cape Town.
Key Performance Areas:
1. HR Systems, Employee Management and Processing
- Provide support to the HR Business partners to implement smart and effective HR processes at Head Office and in relevant country programmes.
- Utilise HR services across HR channels to ensure data integrity is maintained on all Head Office and relevant country office employee files and administrative documents.
- Implement accurate and compliant monthly employee information changes/updates for payroll on the Premier system.
- Prepare and complete an accurate Country Summary Spreadsheet (CSS) for timeous submission to the HRBP to assist in the processing of salaries and benefits.
- Perform Monthly HR Audits on the Premier Employee Management System for data integrity and follow up with relevant HRBP and Country HR Representatives.
- In support of the Benefits and Systems Coordinator provide backup services on ESS and HR Premier for data entry, collation and reporting.
2. Wellness Co-ordination
- Implementing the wellness framework and strategy for m2m within Head office as well as across countries via the in country HR teams and management.
- Completing of administrative processes associated with contractual requirements with wellness service provider.
- Facilitating regular meetings with the wellness service provider.
- Facilitating the accessing of wellness services for employees and management.
- Supporting the HRBP with the coordination of the Wellness Desk, Wellness Calendar and related features.
- Providing Head Office employee wellness support and referrals in terms of the Employee Wellness Framework and service provider.
3. HR Administration Support to the HR Director and Team Support
- Responsible for the full administrative support role to the HR Team at Head Office.
- Lead diary management and scheduling of internal and external meetings for the HR Director.
- Assist with all travel planning and accommodation bookings by making sure the required schedule is liaised with the Travel coordinator.
- Act as point person for all documentation, to be signed off by the HR Director.
- Liaise directly with the Country Directors to schedule meetings or coordinate activities on behalf of the Director.
- Coordinate, set up and attend HR Team meetings (such as Monday meeting, Global Team Meeting, HRD and HRBP meetings etc.) and Organisational HR-related meetings (such as EE Committee meetings), taking detailed minutes as required with action plans and follow up on progress on these plans.
- Sending out correspondence and liaising on behalf of the HR Team.
- Coordination of the HR Global calendar, birthdays, team events and critical HR dates and activities.
- Coordination of the HR team activities and events including the logistics linked to these events.
- Liquidation of Travel Expenses, of all Credit Card Expenses and Creating Purchase Requisitions for purchases within the HR Department.
- Responsible for the filing and data integrity of all employees files both in hard copy and on Premier.
- Responsible for the filing of all relevant HR SLA’s and MOU’s.
4. Co-ordination of the Work permits across the organisation
- Co-ordinating the administration, application, reporting and tracking of all work permits, visas and intra-company transfers.
- Sharing of the work permit report on a monthly basis with relevant HR Colleagues at Head Office so as to track all work permit related processes and due dates.
- Consulting with management, staff and the service providers on this process.
5. Knowledge Sharing and HR Projects
- Update and create employee access to all relevant HR documents on the HR SharePoint TeamSite or other portals as needed to promote knowledge sharing and institutional knowledge.
- Work with the HR Team to develop and implement identified HR projects as per the work plan and other assigned people projects and HR calendar activities.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Higher diploma in HR Management/ B-degree is an advantage preferably in HR Management or a related field
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in an HR administrative and support role
- HR Employee Management Systems experience, Advanced knowledge of HR Premier and Sage VIP ESS system an added advantage
- Well-developed HR Administration skills
- Excellent skills in MS Office Suit, Premier VIP and ESS
- Initiative, self-starter, with the ability to work independently and be proactive
- Ability to handle confidential matters in a professional and ethical manner
- Ability to integrate into a team and to provide positive contributions
- Demonstrates personal initiative, empathy and takes responsibility for own actions
- Willingness to learn, develop and ask critical questions
- Capacity to engage in a diverse work environment
- Comfortable working with multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Exceptional organisational and time-management skills
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong project management skills and attention to detail
- Fluency in both written and verbal English
- Application of m2m values
mothers2mothers is an equal opportunity employer. We particularly encourage applications from people living with HIV and AIDS (PLWHA), people with disabilities, women and previously disadvantaged people.
Competitive salary packages will be negotiable in accordance with m2m’s remuneration policies.
Interested applicants should apply for this position via https://m2m.org/who-we-are/careers/ by 21 May 2021.