Anchor Executive Recruitment
This organisation works within a variety of human rights, security and service delivery projects across international needs, and funding is dependent on the focus of each project.
The Finance Manager in this small entity requires a person who has sound techncial accounting skills, but also who is a practical, handson style of person who can handle all facets of finance relating to donor funds and reporting to large donors and funders. We are specifically looking for a person who has worked extensively in the Non-profit project environment, with accounting structures that are aligned to projects, and tied to specific reporting mechanisms and styles possibly having dealt with US based donors. You will manage one accpounting staff member and report directly to the Director.
The Key Performance Areas are:
- Accountable for the organisation’s full financial management function.
- Oversee and monitor compliance, organisational risk, the annual audit, procurement and overall office management
- Working with the Director, you will manage contract investment and fiduciary services for optimal management of financial assets;
- Report internally and externally on all financial accounting and contractual measures, offering analytical knowledge and insight into the organisation’s performance.
- Facilitate through technical advice, the extension of services, resources, policies, procedures and processes;
- Advance technology, systems and processes within the organisation to improve operational efficiency and effectiveness;
- Over time, build capacity and secure operational excellence working with strategic partners and funders.
The Skills required:
- A tertiary degree or similar financial accounting qualification.
- A minimum of eight years of senior level Financial Management and experience within the development and non-profit sector, including donor reporting.
- Experience of development and implementation of policies, processes and compliance, and effective accountability in reporting and managing all data
- High level of IT proficiency and management of databases / systems.
This small unit will not be able to support MBA, CA or similar level qualifications, as the salary is limited to that of a small entity in Cape Town.
AT THIS TIME WE ARE ONLY CONSIDERING CANDIDATES FROM THE WESTERN CAPEAS NO RELOCATION CAN TAKE PLACE IMMEDIATELY
If you meet the required Education, Skills and level of NPO expertise, send CV with current or recent salary level to Pat Stewart, Anchor Executive Recruitment,[email protected]