Epilepsy SA together with Knowledge Pele are looking for a Governance and Sustainability Officer to work with two emerging NPOs based in Parys, Free State province.
The purpose of the incumbent will be to support the two organisations to implement comprehensive governance structures, secure a diversified source of funding (both locally and internationally), investigate, negotiate and implement fund-raising opportunities as well as network with a wide range of stakeholders for the purpose of establishing a base of support to ensure the sustainability of the NPOs. Both organisations to be assisted work in the disability sector.
As this is a new role that will likely evolve over time. That being said, the envisioned role is highly varied and requires good people, communication, time management and organisation skills.
Salary: R15 000 per month
Report to: The Director of ESA and the Trust Administrators, Knowledge Pele
- In conjunction with ESA’s Director, set and monitor the implementation of the strategic financial objectives of the NPOs to ensure financial sustainability.
- Ensure that the organisation is compliant, on an ongoing basis with all statutory requirements and payments as they relate to matters such as VAT, UIF, PAYE, COIDA etc. and all other statutory bodies.
- Ensure compliance with all legal and constitutional obligations, such as submission of audited financial statements to DSD, etc.
- Develop fund-raising and long-term partnerships with a range of stakeholders including the donors and business partners.
- Research fundraising opportunities and write grant applications to trusts, corporates and other potential funders both locally and internationally.
- Supporting the ESA’s Director in providing oversight and guidance in the development of a strong management team.
- Support the ESA’s Director and NPOs Project Managers in advancing a clear strategic agenda for the organisation.
- Donor relationship management: ensuring donors are happy with their investment and are kept informed of progress and impact regularly.
- Write funder progress reports.
- Develop appropriate M&E tools to evaluate and monitor progress of organisational objectives.
- Minimum three to five years in the non-profit/ development sector
- Demonstrated, high-level proficiency with bookkeeping and financial management, budget development
- Strong knowledge of rules and regulations for donors
- Demonstrated strategic management skills
- Highly skilled with Microsoft Office, especially Excel
- Organisational management with the ability to train and coach staff and manage conflicts
- Ability to work well under pressure and manage shifting deadlines
- Ability to take initiative and to handle a wide range of tasks
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Interest in community development
- Strong, demonstrated critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Proven ability to successfully manage donor relationships
The ideal candidate is a detail-oriented self-starter who will enhance and support the growth of NPOs core operations. This role is designed for someone who is passionate about working in the disability sector and who believes a small team of dedicated people can make a big difference. The ideal person is also someone who likes working behind the scenes to get the job done and who cares about supporting others.
Preference will be given to persons who live or are willing relocate to Parys (no relocation fees will be provided).
Please note that this vacancy is a Fixed-Term Contract for 1 year. Interested applicants should submit a CV and letter of motivation to: [email protected] and copy [email protected] quoting “Governance and Sustainability Officer” in the subject line.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Closing Date: 31 July 2020.