The Department of Philanthropic Studies at VU University Amsterdam is hosting the Giving & Volunteering Research Conference 2009 on 9 July 2009 in Amsterdam.
This one-day research conference will give scholars and opportunity to present their most recent research on giving and volunteering. The conference aims to foster cooperation and exchange of ideas between academics from various disciplinary backgrounds and practitioners from the philanthropic sector.
Topics at the conference include (but are not limited to)
- The development of giving and volunteering over the life course
- Cross‐national comparative studies of giving and volunteering
- Recruitment, management and retention of volunteers
- The influence of religion on giving and volunteering
- Intergenerational transmission of generosity
- Social values of donors and volunteers
- Efficacy of fundraising methods
- Corporate philanthropy
- Marketing of charitable causes
- Behavioural genetics of generosity
- Social capital, networks and trust
- Giving and volunteering by immigrants
- Empathy, altruism and helping behaviour
- Methodology of giving and volunteering research
- Moral development, identity and prosocial behaviour
- Charitable bequests and money transfers within the family
The conference is open to academic researchers and practitioners from the philanthropic sector.
Date: 9 July 2009
Venue: VU University, Amsterdam, Metropolitan Building, Room Z‐009
Conference Fee: €35
Registration, paper proposals and further information: email@example.com 
For more information on the Department of Philanthropic Studies, click here .