Care-Net Development and Support Organisation is a nonprofit making organisation. It was established in 2007 to work with youth, orphaned and vulnerable children and their families.
Care-Net Development and Support Organisation’s vision is to ‘Promote, improve, support and strengthen lives and wellbeing of families’
- Render integrated Social work services.
- Provide statutory and non - statutory services to families and children
- Render preventative and support service to families and children;
- Build capacity of parents and care –givers to protect the wellbeing of children;
- Establish resources which can promote the wellbeing of families and children;
- Preserve, Protect and promote family units;
- Contribute to the growth and development of social work profession.
The organisation promotes sustainable livelihood skills of parents and care-givers by engaging them in the following projects:
- Facilitate a food security and income generating program for unemployed men and women in the area at Manamelong primary school;
- Producing vegetable for the drop-in Centre
- Encouraging the un-employed in making and use of Wonder bags as a life and economy saving skill in order to preserve, protect and promote family units
Local women use available resources to generate income: Engaging in livelihood, income generating and environment friendly activities.
- Leadership development
Facilitate Leadership development programs at local schools such as Refalotse primary school
- Conduct training Workshops
Pro-active and Employment preparation workshops for school facilitators and unemployed youths and adults.
To view the Care-Net Development and Support Organisation in the Prodder NGO Directory, click here.