WWF - The World Wide Fund
WWF - the World Wide Fund is one of the world's largest and most respected independent conservation and environmental organisations, with almost five million supporters and a global network active in more than 100 countries. The organisation’s mission is to stop the degradation of the earth's natural environment and to build a future in which we all live in harmony with nature, by conserving the world's biological diversity, ensuring that the use of renewable natural resources is sustainable, and promoting the reduction of pollution and wasteful consumption.
WWF South Africa seeks to appoint a National Frameworks Senior Policy Advisor, based in Cape Town.
The person will support the implementation of WWF Global and Climate Initiative (GCEI) programme of work on promoting low carbon, climate resilient frameworks in GCEI’s key countries.
WWF South Africa’s work is challenging and exciting and we love what we do. To join its team you need to be brilliant at what you do, passionate, results-orientated and have a positive attitude.
This is a one-year contract position with the possibility of extension.
- Lay the basis for key countries to implement national low carbon and climate resilient plans, strategies and policies;
- Ensure effective coordination with and amongst the key countries to enhance their work on low carbon development and participation in GCEI’s National Low Carbon Frameworks programs and activities;
- Initiate research and analysis that strengthen WWF’s ability to influence these countries;
- Establish and maintain a learning platform for national frameworks internally as well as with external partners;
- Initiate capacity building programs and activities;
- Participate in LCF team meetings as well as GCEI core team meetings;
- Represent WWF in relevant high-level discussions and meetings with governments, NGO partners and other stakeholders where appropriate;
- Provide thought leadership in the field of low carbon development;
- Strengthen existing partnerships as well as build new ones;
- Ensure effective communication and exchange of information both internally and externally;
- Implement any other activities as agreed with the Head: Low Carbon Frameworks.
- Degree in an environmental science or relevant subject;
- Minimum of seven years experience in strategic planning, programme design, monitoring and evaluation, preferably in a conservation or environmental organisation.
- Experience in the planning, monitoring and evaluation of conservation programmes and the application of appropriate tools essential;
- Working knowledge of the WWF Project and Programme Management Standards (or an equivalent version of the Open Standards for the Practice of Conservation) and their application preferable;
- Analytical thinker with strong strategic orientation;
- Excellent organisational skills with ability to prioritise;
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills;
- Fluent English with excellent writing skills. Knowledge of other languages will be an advantage;
- Adheres to WWF’s values, which are: knowledgeable, optimistic, determined and engaging.
For full job description, refer to http://www.wwf.org.za/who_we_are/vacancies/.
To apply, submit a CV, contact details of at least three references and motivation letter explaining why you would be the ideal candidate for the position to the HR manager at email@example.com.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Only emailed applications will be considered.
WWF seeks to promote diversity among its staff. Candidates who have received no response within three weeks of the closing date should kindly assume that their application has not been successful.
WWF-SA reserves the right not to fill this position.
For more about the WWF South Africa, refer to www.wwf.org.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Follow and support the 2012 SANGONeT "No Pain No Gain" fundraising and awareness-raising campaign. Refer to www.ngopulse.org/npng for more information.