WWF South Africa
WWF South Africa is one of the world's largest and most respected independent conservation and environmental organisations, with almost five million supporters and a global network active in more than 100 countries. The organisation’s mission is to stop the degradation of the earth's natural environment and to build a future in which we all live in harmony with nature, by conserving the world's biological diversity, ensuring that the use of renewable natural resources is sustainable, and promoting the reduction of pollution and wasteful consumption.
WWF South Africa seeks to appoint a Manager Individual Relations - Fundraising, based in either Johannesburg or Cape Town.
The person is expected to be brilliant, passionate, result-orientated and have a positive attitude. This position requires considerable inter-personal, leadership and management skills as the incumbent’s primary responsibility will be to oversee and give strategic direction to WWF South Africa’s development of relationships with people. These relationships will range from being primarily sources of funding, to ones that will provide the societal support base for the WWF’s work.
- Develop and implement strategies to maximise WWF’s engagement with individual supporters (including bequests, regular and irregular individual giving, and major donors) in order to support the broader conservation vision of WWF;
- Orchestrate, launch and oversee an ambitious Face-2-Face fundraising campaign involving the conscription of up to 10 000 (and more) individual donors;
- Support the CEO in maximising WWF’s engagement with Trustees (a body of around 200 well-connected supporters of WWF);
- Coordinate WWF’s engagement with its broader support base (including non-financial supporters);
- Provide effective leadership and manage staff within the Individual Relations Team;
- Develop and maintain highly professional relationships with individual donors based on detailed information templates, and a high degree of personalisation;
- Ensure effective management of individual supporter database and implement new systems where appropriate;
- Ensure effective implementation of fundraising campaigns/activities targeted at individual supporters, as well as reporting on Return on Investment (ROI);
- Develop and implement a business plan for Individual Relations in WWF.
- Qualification in marketing, sales, communications or public relations;
- Minimum of five years marketing and or fundraising experience;
- Experience in leading and managing a team;
- Track record of creativity in the fund-raising or sales environment;
- Track record of successful fund-raising (in the 6-7 figure range);
- Direct marketing experience with regards individual donor programmes.
- In-depth knowledge of customer relationship management systems and protocols;
- Understanding of fund-raising requirements in the non-profit sector based on quantitative analyses of appropriate information;
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills;
- Ability to network and build and maintain professional relationships;
- Ability to create impact and influence others via effective communication skills;
- Creative thinker;
- Fluency in English and another official South African language.
To apply, submit a CV, contact details of three referees and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
WWF seeks to promote diversity among its staff.
Candidates who have not received a response within three weeks of the closing date are kindly requested to assume that their application has not been successful.
WWF-SA reserves the right not to fill this position.
For more about the WWF South Africa, refer to www.wwf.org.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Follow and support the 2012 SANGONeT "No Pain No Gain" fundraising and awareness-raising campaign. Refer to www.ngopulse.org/npng for more information.