World Wide Fund for nature, CARPO
The World Wide Fund for Nature (WWF) is an international non-governmental organisation working on issues regarding the conservation, research and restoration of the environment. WWF is the world's largest independent conservation organisation with over 5 million supporters worldwide, working in more than 100 countries, supporting around 1 300 conservation and environmental projects.
WWF is an international NGO committed to environmental protection. The global conservation organisation, active in almost 100 countries, has been working in the Congo Basin in Central Africa for more than 20 years.
The WWF Central Africa Regional Programme Office (CARPO) seeks to appoint a Regional Fundraising & Partnerships Director, based in Yaoundé, Cameroon.
The person will ensure that WWF CARPO and its Country Offices develop and maintain positive and effective partnerships and purposeful relationships relevant to the implementation of CARPO Strategic Plan and related country strategies, with internal fundraising sources as well as with public finance partners, private donors, foundations and business sector partners. S/he will ensure that partner engagement maximizes funding potential but also supports policy dialogue and capacity development of private and public institutions involved in conservation.
This is a two-year renewable contract position.
- Reporting to the Regional Representative, the Regional Fundraising & Partnerships Director’s major duties and responsibilities will include:
- Developing, implementing and periodically revising a Fundraising and Partnerships Strategy for CARPO/GHOA;
- Ensuring the establishment of a functional cross-regional fundraising and partnerships network for CARPO and providing support, backstopping and guidance to regional and national staff in fundraising and partnership matters at all levels;
- Ensuring effective implementation of CARPO-GHoA proposal and contract management systems and adherence of relevant staff in CARPO and in Country Offices to WWF Network Standards and best practices for engaging with public finance partners, private donors, foundations and business sector partners;
- Contributing to solutions to ensure that country and field programs comply with donor agreements, e.g., timely technical and financial reporting to donors, etc.; Identifying and overseeing management of major reputational risks for WWF related to execution of grant and partnerships contracts;
- Contributing to the design and implementation of innovative and sustainable funding mechanisms for conservation contributing to the implementation of CARPO/GHOA Strategic Plan and develop and manage partnerships agreements, as needed.
- Advanced university degree in business management, international relations, development studies or related fields;
- Minimum of seven years professional experience in inter-institutional relationship management, program development and fundraising;
- Excellent oral and written communications skills in English and French;
- Knowledge and experience of the realities of conservation and development issues, donor strategies, funding instruments and contract administration.
- Excellent inter-personal skills, and proven ability to build and maintain strong relationships, negotiate/mediate on issues, chair, resolve conflicts, and develop capacity;
- Strong cross-cultural skills and versatility in dealing with different types of partnerships;
- Personal integrity with an honest and open personal style;
- Approachable and an ability to engage partners at all levels;
- Adherence to WWF’s values, which are: knowledgeable, optimistic, determined and engaging.
To apply, submit a CV, contact details of three referees and motivation letter with ‘WWF-RFPD-CARPO’ in the subject line to email@example.com.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Only candidates under serious consideration will be contacted for follow up.
For more about the World Wide Fund for Nature, refer to www.worldwildlife.org.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies..
Follow news, information and updates from SANGONeT and NGO Pulse on Facebook at http://mzan.si/AAzs.