WWF International: Programme Managers – Central Africa
Thursday, June 21, 2012 - 18:13
Wolrd Wide Fund for nature (WWF) International
Please note: this opportunity closing date has passed and may not be available any more.
Opportunity closing date:Sunday, July 15, 2012
The WWF seeks to appoint Programme Managers with expertise in broad-scale/ landscape conservation management to direct field programmes and provide overall coordination and leadership, based in Mbandaka (Democratic Republic of Congo), Salonga landscape (Democratic Republic of Congo) and Campo (Cameroon) with frequent travel.
The Programme Managers will oversee the implementation of WWF’s programme, work closely with senior scientific and conservation staff in the programme, and supervise project staff and partners to advance landscape objectives. The Programme Managers will reports to the Director of Conservation.
This is a two years contract positions with possibility of extension.
- Project oversight and coordination: Plan, direct and oversee project activities in accordance with the project description, work plan, budget and contractual agreements and ensures that the program is making progress towards its objectives;
- Project implementation: Manage the project(s) and project team using a participatory, adaptive management approach. Ensure that management systems are established, and oversees the administration of the project(s). With support from WWF, ensure that project(s) are in compliance with donor regulations;
- Technical leadership in major project components, including protected area management; community-based natural resource management; institutional strengthening and training; development of natural resource management plans, strategies, policies and legislation;
- Financial management: With the direct support of the manager of finance and administration, develop project budgets for approval and monitor expenditures against budgets. Ensure establishment of financial management systems for the project(s) to adequately meet financial management needs and donor regulations and policies. Prepare and submits monthly financial reports to WWF in accordance with procedures established by WWF.
- M. Sc. in natural resource management or a related field, or the equivalent in working experience;
- Minimum of 10 years working experience in conservation or development organisations, preferably in a similar biome, however, applicants with project management experience in Africa or elsewhere are encouraged to apply;
- Strong working knowledge of forest and wildlife ecology, and natural resource management principles;
- Depth and breadth of knowledge of community-based natural resource management and rural livelihood issues;
- Strong administrative and financial management skills and excellent organisational skills;
- Fluency in French and English.
- Excellent people and project management skills to handle complex, multi-faceted projects;
- Strong communication skills, particularly in writing reports and proposals for donor agencies;
- Familiarity with WWF and other project funding agencies, especially the World Bank and Government agencies is preferred;
- Experience working with government officials and donors;
- Ability to live and work in remote and difficult conditions;
- Adheres to WWF’s values, which are: passionate and optimistic, challenging and inspiring, credible and accountable and persevering and delivering results.
To apply, submit a CV and motivation letter with ‘WWF-PM-CA’ in the subject line to the Human Resources Manager at email@example.com.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Only candidates under serious consideration will be contacted for follow up.
For more about the World Wide Fund for Nature, refer to www.worldwildlife.org.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Follow news, information and updates from SANGONeT and NGO Pulse on Facebook at http://mzan.si/AAzs.