WWF International: Head of Policy Engagement
Wednesday, June 20, 2012 - 08:32
Please note: this opportunity closing date has passed and may not be available any more.
Opportunity closing date:Friday, July 13, 2012
The WWF seeks to appoint a Head of Policy Engagement, based in Yaoundé, Cameroon.
The person will be responsible for developing and delivering the Central Africa strand of the WWF and TRAFFIC illegal wildlife trade campaign, securing high level political and corporate commitments.
- Develop, coordinate and lead implementation of the Central Africa strand of the WWF / TRAFFIC illegal wildlife trade campaign;
- Support the implementation of negotiation, lobbying and outreach strategies of the campaign, engage key external stakeholders;
- Support Country Offices and TRAFFIC Central Africa to engage more effectively with their government, the corporate sector and the public, provide capacity development to teams;
- Identify and develop strategic partnerships and alliances around wildlife trade in Central Africa with key players, particularly in key donor countries or demand countries for illegal wildlife trade, to ensure effective achievement of campaign objectives.
- Minimum of 10 years experience in national and/or regional or international policy advocacy, including high level political negotiations, preferably within a Central African context;
- Demonstrated ability to deliver high level policy outcomes;
- Strong working knowledge of political and policy making processes within Central Africa;
- Working knowledge of both English and French;
- Frequent travel within the region, occasionally to remote locations;
- Adheres to WWF’s values, which are: knowledgeable, optimistic, determined and
- Knowledge and previous working experience in illegal trade and enforcement issues will be preferred;
- Strong ability to initiate, build and maintain relationships with key external stakeholders;
- Ability to identify and strategically capitalise on policy opportunities;
- Excellent organisational skills with ability to prioritise;
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills.
To apply, submit a CV and motivation letter with ‘Head of Policy Engagement’ in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
For more about the World Wide Fund for Nature, refer to www.worldwildlife.org.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Follow news, information and updates from SANGONeT and NGO Pulse on Twitter at http://twitter.com/SANGONeT.