WWF International: Head of Communications
Wednesday, June 20, 2012 - 08:27
Please note: this opportunity closing date has passed and may not be available any more.
Opportunity closing date:Friday, July 13, 2012
The WWF seeks to appoint a Head of Communications, based in Libreville, Gabon.
The person will be responsible for developing and delivering the communications strategy of the Central Africa strand of the WWF/TRAFFIC illegal wildlife trade campaign.
- Develop, coordinate and lead the implementation of a vibrant, dynamic and holistic communications strategy for the Central Africa strand of the WWF/TRAFFIC illegal wildlife trade campaign;
- Ensure that target audiences are identified and messages and products are tailored to reach and engage them effectively;
- Engage WWF / TRAFFIC communications staff throughout and beyond Central Africa and ensure staff are highly engaged and equipped with appropriate skills and tools relating to illegal wildlife trade communications;
- Support WWF’s global campaign by creating effective linkages and efficient information flow within WWF’s network;
- Develop and maintain media relationships around the campaign in Central Africa and beyond.
- Minimum of five years of multi-disciplinary communications experience in a national or high-profile non-government organisation, corporation or media outlet, preferably with campaign experience;
- Experience in communicating complex issues in an accessible and persuasive way to a wide variety of audiences at all levels using diverse channels (TV, print, radio, web, etc.);
- Self-starter with the ability to work quickly and efficiently to meet tight deadlines in and out of office hours;
- Routine in the use of a variety of communication tools, channels and tactics, including digital and social media;
- Fluency in written and verbal French and English;
- Frequent travel within the Central African region including to remote locations is required as is the ability to work long hours and weekends if campaign demands require it;
- Adheres to WWF’s values, which are: Knowledgeable, Optimistic, Determined and Engaging.
To apply, submit a CV and motivation letter with ‘Head of Communications’ in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
For more about the World Wide Fund for Nature, refer to www.worldwildlife.org.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Follow and support the 2012 SANGONeT "No Pain No Gain" fundraising and awareness-raising campaign. Refer to www.ngopulse.org/npng for more information.