World Wide Fund for nature
The World Wide Fund for Nature (WWF) is an international non-governmental organisation working on issues regarding the conservation, research and restoration of the environment. WWF is the world's largest independent conservation organisation with over 5 million supporters worldwide, working in more than 100 countries, supporting around 1 300 conservation and environmental projects.
WWF is an international NGO committed to environmental protection. The global conservation organisation, active in almost 100 countries, has been working in the Congo Basin in Central Africa for more than 20 years.
The WWF Democratic Republic of Congo seeks to appoint a Chief Operating Officer, based in Kinshasa, Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC).
The WWF DRC office is looking for a Chief Operating Officer in order to:
- With the Operations team and support of CMT, ensure delivery of reporting and monitoring requirements for WWF Network including KPIs, dashboard, annual action plans monitoring and reports; GPF monitoring and reporting and INSIGHT;
- For all relevant units, ensure effective implementation of WWF DRC business plan so as to meet agreed targets and performance standards and encourages adaptive management in achieving this;
- Work with the Country Management Team to establish a strong performance culture across WWF DRC to deliver on commitments highlighted in the Strategic Plan and under Project four deliverables.
This is a two-year renewable contract position.
- Reporting to the Country Director, the Chief Operating Officer’s major duties and responsibilities will include:
- Supporting the WWF DRC Office by leading the support services team (Finance, IT and Logistics so as to ensure the effective and efficient delivery of the Operations, Financial and IT Strategic Objectives in compliance with the WWF International Network Standards and CARPO policies and procedures;
- With the Operations teams, coordinating their work plans, budgets and deliverables ensuring compliance with DRC APMS, policies and timelines for WWF DRC;
- Ensuring the overall legal status of WWF and its presences in DRC and the related requirements are appropriate and enforced. Liaises with government on a Country Agreement, ensuring that this is up-to-date and includes beneficial conditions on taxation, customs duties;
- Supporting fundraising efforts by ensuring proposal budgets are realistic and of high quality, recovering costs at a maximum and that the requirements of the proposal process have been respected in line with the existing policy (C2G);
- Monitoring and evaluates the operations activities in tandem with the conservation plan;
- Developing quality risk management plans for WWF DRC and oversees their implementation and monitoring.
- Advanced degree in management, finance, business administration or international development or a relevant field;
- Minimum of 10 years professional experience in a leadership role, with demonstrated success in managing teams and office operations, corporate engagement and relationship management, and managing complex budgets;
- Proven knowledge and experience of the not-for-profit sector, preferably of environmental non-government organizations, governance and regulatory compliance;
- Proven leadership skills with excellent capacity to manage Finance and Operations Teams;
- Ability to inspire and motivate staff and external partners;
- Demonstrated experience in developing, implementing and evaluating strategic plans;
- High level negotiation, facilitation as well as interpersonal and influencing skills and the capacity to develop and maintain strong relationships within WWF and across the WWF Network and in the business and not-for-profit communities;
- Superior oral and written communication skills in English and French;
- Adherence to WWF’s values, which are: knowledgeable, optimistic, determined and engaging.
WWF DRC has exclusively tasked Mission Talent to undertake this search. All applications must be addressed to Tim Biscaye and submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org with cc to email@example.com.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
When applying for this leadership role, please adhere to the following guidelines:
- Kindly attach your CV (in English) and a covering letter (of 350 words or less) which summarises how your profile aligns with the key job requirements and required skills and abilities of this role.
- Draft your CV and motivation letter in a Microsoft Word (not PDF or RTF).
- Do not add any additional documentation in your initial application.
- Your subject line must state WWF-COO-DRC your last name, first name in the subject line.
Follow the above specified four (4) steps if you want priority attention to your submission.
Only candidates under serious consideration will be contacted by Mission Talent for follow up.
For more about the World Wide Fund for Nature, refer to www.panda.org.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Follow and support the 2012 SANGONeT "No Pain No Gain" fundraising and awareness-raising campaign. Refer to www.ngopulse.org/npng for more information and to make a donation.