World Vision South Africa
World Vision International is a Christian relief, development and advocacy organisation dedicated to working with children, families to overcome poverty and justice. The organisation employs more than 40 000 staff and our work serves 100 million people in nearly 100 countries. World Vision International is dedicated to working with the world’s most vulnerable people, regardless of religion, race, ethnicity or gender.
World Vision South Africa seeks to appoint a Monitoring and Evaluation Officer, based in Johannesburg.
- To capacitate and support project team and communities in DME processes that meet the required minimum standards set for assessments, baselines, designs, redesigns, project management, implementation, monitoring, evaluation, use of community monitoring tools, LEAP tools, DPA and Reporting;
- To collaborate with the communities, and Project Coordinator in the implementation of LEAP processes and standards in ensuring alignment;
- To work with the project staff/partners to harmonise planning and collection of data using integrated monitoring tools and reporting;
- To support project team to setup a fully functional community led monitoring system that will be used to report, reflect, plan and monitor the progress on Child Well Being Outcomes of all projects/activities using the monitoring checklist tools;
- To support project team and communities groups (forums and CBO’s) to use findings in the reports to derive lessons leant, reflect on the findings and make decisions. All MMRs, 1st and 2nd Semi-annual and DIPs are developed and reviewed to ensure they are prepared using the right formats and effectively communicate the projects contribution to the wellbeing of children and posted on Horizon;
- Ensure that information and data is shared at project and NO levels through participation in project monthly monitoring and reporting activities and collaborate with the project, on the performance of the project against targets set;
- Coordinate and capacitate project staff, forums and CBO’s on community monitoring;
- Ensure that data collected is of good quality through capacity building of project staff and communities;
- Conduct research as may be needed for management purposes and support in preparing documents on behalf of the project;
- Research and documentation on key advocacy issues and emerging lesson on LED interventions;
- Research on impact of urban programming and approaches;
- Conduct reflection and learning exercise with project monthly or quarterly.
- Bachelor of social science, degree in development studies (will be preferred) or any other related field;
- Diploma in monitoring and evaluation will be an advantage;
- Minimum of two years experience in working with communities in monitoring and evaluation;
- Knowledge on programme effectiveness;
- Able to think logically and systematically and have good organizational skills;
- Has had training in statistics and or experience in statistical analysis;
- Background in using at least one statistical software;
- Knowledgeable of gender mainstreaming;
- At least two years hands on experience in design monitoring and evaluation of programs, preferably related to community based rural and or urban development work;
- Extensive experience in development studies/rural development, reports and other documents;
- Experience in using Microsoft Office (word, Access, Excel);
- Experience in using database and statistical software such as Epi lnfo, SPSS, etc;
- Excellent skill in report writing;
- Experience in project proposal writing;
- Ability to train, mentor and coach project staff and communities on design monitoring and evaluation;
- Knowledge and experience of Design Monitoring and Evaluation learning laboratories;
- Good analytical and facilitation skills.
To apply, submit a CV and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
For more about the World Vision International, refer to www.wvi.org/wvi/wviweb.nsf.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies..
Follow news, information and updates from SANGONeT and NGO Pulse on Facebook at http://mzan.si/AAzs.