World Vision South Africa
World Vision International is a Christian relief, development and advocacy organisation dedicated to working with children, families to overcome poverty and justice. The organisation employs more than 40 000 staff and our work serves 100 million people in nearly 100 countries. World Vision International is dedicated to working with the world’s most vulnerable people, regardless of religion, race, ethnicity or gender.
World Vision South Africa seeks to appoint a Finance Clerk, based in Johannesburg.
- Provide administrative and financial services to the project ensuring high quality, accuracy and consistency of work in project implementation;
- Work and collaborate closely with any of the team members of the ADP or Project in order to ensure consistent service delivery;
- Assist the Project Manager (PM) in developing project budget in line with the Project’s Plan of Action and logframe;
- Ensure that all the day to day administrative procedures including procurement, fleet management and asset management are conducted in timely manner and in line with WV Policy and Procedure as well as Field Financial Manual (FFM);
- Ensure adequacy and correctness of the supporting documents received for payments and/or voucher preparation (using Voucher Interface;
- Review the Sunsystems generated financial reports prepared by the NO Project Accountant for any non-project related expenses, discrepancies and irregularities from the project finance manual;
- Prepare the financial reports cover memo with variance explanations, update the asset register and perform the bank reconciliation and PBAS reconciliation and send to the NO Project Accountant for posting;
- Regularly monitor the financial transactions to maintain project financial accounts in order. Prepare monthly reconciliation of balance sheet accounts;
- Manage petty cash for office management as required and in line with the Project Finance Manual;
- Regularly update the Manager of the project spending status to avoid material overspending or under spending of the project budget;
- Maintain Preferred Provider database and randomly select suppliers in the quotes/bids submitted for major purchases to verify their existence, nature of business (whether it’s related to the goods or services being asked to quote or bid), relationship of the supplier with the staff of the project and reasonability of amount quoted.
The following may be acquired through a combination of formal or self-education, prior experience or on-the-job training:
- Matric and diploma in accounting, a degree in accounting. A degree will be advantageous;
- Minimum of one to two years related experience;
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office and other computer packages;
- Experience in the use of computerized accounting packages; especially sun systems will be an added advantage;
- Fluency in English, both written and spoken is required;
- Good organisational skills with the ability to manage and prioritise tasks;
- Good interpersonal skills;
- Must be able to work in a cross-cultural environment.
To apply, submit a CV and motivation letter to email@example.com.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
For more about the World Vision International, refer to www.wvi.org/wvi/wviweb.nsf.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Want to reach the widest spectrum of NGO and development stakeholders in South Africa as part of your communication and outreach objectives? Learn more about how the NGO Pulse Premium Advertising Service can support your communication requirements. Visit http://goo.gl/MUCvL for more information.