United Nations World Food Programme
The World Food Programme (WFP) is the food aid branch of the United Nations, and the world's largest humanitarian organisation addressing hunger worldwide.
The core policies and strategies that govern WFP activities are to provide food assistance (or enable Government to do so) to save lives in refugee and other emergency situations; to improve the nutrition and quality of life of the most vulnerable people; and to help build assets and promote the self-reliance of poor people and communities, particularly through conditional food for work and training programmes.
The United Nations WFP seeks to appoint a Volunteer – Reports Unit, based in Johannesburg, South Africa.
The incumbent will work under the overall supervision of the Regional Reports Officer.
- In collaboration with the Reports Officer, the Volunteer shall:
- Provide support for the review and editing of WFP Country Office (CO) generated reports, including regular consistency checks between various reports;
- Assist the Regional Reports officer in preparation of various corporate reports and ad hoc briefs;
- Assist COs in preparing documentation required for the WFP 2012 Projected needs Exercise (Blue Book) report and provide first level review as per the provided checklists and guidance;
- Assist the Regional Reports officer in preparation of donor briefs required for advocacy and fundraising;
- Any other duties as assigned by the unit and agreed upon.
- Completion of secondary school education (Grade 12 or equivalent), supported by at least two years of university studies in international relations, political, journalism, development or related field;
- Post-graduate degree student will be preferred;
- Strong analytical skills;
- Excellent writing skills;
- Ability to review a variety of data and identify discrepancies;
- Information gathering and quantitative data review skills;
- Interest in teamwork and willingness to learn through a hands-on-approach;
- Ability to work and cope with deadlines and workload pressure;
- Experience in resource mobilisation, international or public relations, with emphasis on donor relations is an important advantage.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office especially Excel and PowerPoint will be an advantage.
- Proficiency in both written and oral English.
To apply, submit a CV and motivation letter to HR.Johannesburg@wfp.org.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
For more about the World Food Programme, refer to www.wfp.org.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Follow and support the 2012 SANGONeT "No Pain No Gain" fundraising and awareness-raising campaign. Refer to www.ngopulse.org/npng for more information.