World Food Programme
The World Food Programme (WFP) is the food aid branch of the United Nations,and the world's largest humanitarian organisation addressing hunger worldwide.
The United Nations WFP seeks to appoint a Procurement Assistant, based in Johannesburg Regional Bureau, South Africa.
This is a fixed-term position with a grade GS 5, and the incumbent will be in support of the Regional Bureau for Southern Africa and under the direct supervision of the Regional Procurement Officer.
- Update and track processing of procurement actions;
- Respond to queries regarding procurement data from staff in the unit and elsewhere in the Programme;
- Prepare initial purchase orders and contracts for review by the Senior Procurement Assistant or a Procurement Officer;
- Maintain relevant internal databases and files; keep track of contractual agreements;
- Verify claims for accuracy and conformance with procurement rules and regulations;
- Draft routine correspondence related to the unit's work and type a variety of material such as correspondence, reports and papers;
- Act as focal person for the roster of suppliers which includes maintenance and update of the roster;
- Administer leave and travel for the Procurement unit;
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Preferably a relevant university degree and/or Procurement related courses / training. Minimum requirement would be the completion of secondary school education;
- At least four years of progressively responsible support or administrative work experience, including at least one year in the field of finance, accounting, procurement, evaluation, audit or administrative services or other related field;
- Knowledge of standard computer applications including word processing and spreadsheets;
- Knowledge of ERPs (SAP, Oracle or similar software packages and systems) and/or use of data base an advantage;
- Fluency in written and oral English.
To apply, submit a CV and/or a United Nations Personal History Form (P.11) with a motivation letter to HR.Johannesburg@wfp.org (quoting, Announcement No: 0013/2013).
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
For more about the World Food Programme, refer to www.wfp.org.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Follow news, information and updates from SANGONeT and NGO Pulse on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/ngopulse.