World Food Programme
The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. WFP is part of the United Nations system and is voluntarily funded. Born in 1961, WFP pursues a vision of the world in which every man, woman and child has access at all times to the food needed for an active and healthy life.
WFP seeks to appoint to appoint a Logistics Assistant - COMPAS & Invoice Processing, based in Johannesburg. Salary: As per United Nations salary scale. Job Grade: GS 5 (Fixed Term).
The UN WFP is looking for a suitably qualified candidate to fill the fixed-term position of Logistics Assistant in support of the Regional Bureau for Southern Africa, based in Johannesburg
S/he will be under the overall supervision of the Regional Logistics Officer and the direct supervision of the Logistics Officer Procurement Officer.
- Processing payments for WFP port agents, transporters and Superintendent Services in SAP based system;
- Communicating with all service providers (transporters, agents and superintendents) on status of their invoice payment;
- Liaising with finance unit on invoice payments;
- Verifying invoices anomalies against WFP commodity tracking tool;
- Any other duties as required;
- Acting as alternate to create Purchase Orders for transport or other logistics services.
- Enter and update data based on vessel/superintendent/waybill/warehouse documents in WFP’s global data base for commodity tracking;
- Identify any discrepancies and resolve if needed;
- Following up on and verifying superintendent discharge reports;
- Enter & update the physical inventory in commodity tracking system;
- Produce daily dispatch report for countries receiving cargo;
- Perform data reconciliation including physical stock, dispatches and receipts;
- Identify exceptional cases and anomalies that cannot be performed in the system and report to Data Analyst;
- Providing support service to colleagues in Country Offices to resolve date problems or queries.
- Maintain and update filing systems and archives;
- Other related duties as required.
- Preferably a relevant university degree and/or courses/training relate to logistics, procurement accounting or similar. Minimum requirement would be the completion of secondary school education;
- Minimum of three four years of progressively responsible support or administrative work experience, including at least one year in the field accounting, transport, insurance, statistics, operations or another related;
- Excellent knowledge of standard computer applications including word processing and spreadsheets;
- Knowledge of ERPs (SAP, Oracle or similar software packages and systems); computer based commodity tracking systems; and/or use of data base will be an advantage;
- Fluency in written and oral English.
Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.
For more about the World Food Programme, refer to www.wfp.org.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Secure your place in the 25th anniversary edition of the Prodder NGO Directory which will be released on 24 October 2012. Refer to www.prodder.org.za for more information.