World Food Programme (WFP)
The World Food Programme (WFP) is the food aid branch of the United Nations,and the world's largest humanitarian organisation addressing hunger worldwide.
The United Nations WFP seeks to appoint a Human Resources (HR) Assistant, based in Johannesburg.
This is a temporary, six month contract position (Special Service Agreement).
The person will support the Regional Bureau for Southern Africa, based in Johannesburg.
Under the direct supervision of the Regional Human Resources Officer, the Human Resources Assistant will perform the following duties:
- Provide assistance to the RHRO in coordinating HQ driven initiatives related to long service awards, promotions exercise, reassignments and ad hoc staffing committee meetings;
- Ensure up-to date information is availed to staff on medical insurance coverage and provide assistance in medical evacuation issues;
- Process staff entitlements relating to leave, security reimbursements, contract renewals and funding;
- Maintain attendance registers and leave reports for the RB
- Maintain and update OMJ HR Statistics, RB Staffing list, Organigrams, Focal points lists for HR, CDs and DCDs in OMJ;
- Draft routine correspondence and initiate process for the preparation of all staff support documentation (UNLP, opening of bank accounts, confirmation of employment letters, certification of employment,etc)
- Check and maintain personnel files for all staff in the RB, ensuring all documentation is in order and relevant documents are kept in their respective files
- Assist the HR team in the recruitment processes, issuance of Vacancy announcements, preparation of Long List, short listing and arranging assessments and interviews;
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Work experience or training in HR preferable;
- Experience utilising computers, including word processing, spreadsheets, ERP software packages and systems preferable;
- Excellent knowledge of written and oral English;
- Fluency in both written and oral English.
Salary: R15 700 per month.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.
For more about the World Food Programme, refer to www.wfp.org.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Want to reach the widest spectrum of NGO and development stakeholders in South Africa as part of your communication and outreach objectives? Learn more about how the NGO Pulse Premium Advertising Service can support your communication requirements. Visit http://goo.gl/MUCvL for more information.