World Food Programme: Finance Assistant
Friday, August 31, 2012 - 10:06
World Food Programme
Please note: this opportunity closing date has passed and may not be available any more.
Opportunity closing date:Saturday, September 15, 2012
WFP seeks to appoint to appoint a Finance Assistant, based in Johannesburg. Salary: As per United Nations salary scale. Job Grade: GS 4 (Fixed Term).
The UN WFP is looking for a suitably qualified candidate to fill the fixed-term position of Finance Assistant in support of the Regional Bureau for Southern Africa.
Under the direct supervision of the Regional Finance Officer the Finance Assistant will be responsible for the following duties:
- Maintain data library in preformats of the Electronic Payment System, ensuring that vendors maintained in the EPS library are accurate and up to date and reconciled with the banking details in the vendor master data;
- Maintain central invoice tracking and monitoring registry. Generate WING report on invoices paid within due date and compile them on a monthly basis;
- Assist in vendor receivable and payable confirmation;
- Initiate payments to Vendors using Citibank online payment system;
- Prepare payment instructions to the bank when payments are not to be effected by bank transfer;
- Monitor and reconcile TPA transactions with agencies ensuring that costs pertaining/allocated to agencies are properly recorded and any advances made by PSA funds to TPAs adjusted;
- Maintain/update tracking sheet for TPA (Third-Party Agreements) with other UN agencies;
- Assist in TPA analysis and reconciliation including newly created TPAs;
- Handle petty cash journal transactions and reconcile the same at the end of each month including month end cash count. Manage safe and its contents including maintenance of inventory of safe contents;
- Monitor private telephone calls recoveries ensuring that recoveries are recorded on time
- Monitor and set up staff receivables and ensure timely clearing of the same including immediate setting up of receivables for staff vendors reflecting credit balances;
- Process TAs as alternate travel focal point for the unit. For TEC travel, monitor and follow up TEC submission to ensure timely clearance of advance and settlement of additional claims. Ensure that relevant documents are filed properly;
- Verify and post all travel documents- TAs and TECs so that payments are effected;
- Assist with travel related Admin tasks, when required;
- Perform such other duties as may be required.
- Preferably a relevant university degree and/or Procurement related courses/training. Minimum
- Requirement would be the completion of secondary school education;
- Minimum of three years of progressively responsible support or administrative work experience, including at least one year in the field of finance, accounting, procurement, administrative services or other related field;
- Excellent knowledge of standard computer applications including word processing and spread sheets;
- Experience with ERPs (SAP, Oracle or similar software packages and systems) is also required;
- Fluency in written and oral English.
Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.
For more about the World Food Programme, refer to www.wfp.org.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Follow and support the 2012 SANGONeT "No Pain No Gain" fundraising and awareness-raising campaign. Refer to www.ngopulse.org/npng for more information.