Centre for Education Policy Development
The Centre for Education Policy Development (CEPD); on behalf of the Human Resources Council of South Africa (HRDCSA) secretariat, invites suitable service providers to submit proposals for a Worker Education research. The objectives of the study are as follows
- To conduct a national analysis and attain a common understanding of the current provision and understanding of the three pillars namely:
- Worker education: where the focus is on the understanding of worker rights and interests, through their membership of trade unions, and the advancement of their socio-economic-political well-being as the working class;
- Employee training: where the focus is on the training and development of employees’ skills within their workplace, sector and in the broader society; it includes vocational training that advances their careers, and which places them on par with workers in developed economies; and
- Joint worker / management education: where the focus is on the development of joint education and training programmes which address the issues and realities of workers and management, and their organisations, with a view to understanding the different perspectives and approaches, and exploring whether there is common ground.
- To conduct a study on global/international practice in the Worker Education environment focusing on the above three pillars.
- To define a common vision for National Worker Education Framework.
- To produce draft National broad and costed Worker Education and Training Framework/System and Implementation Plan.
- To develop a business plan for implementing the National Worker Education and Training Framework/System.
For further information on the terms of reference and scope of work, please click here.
The completion dates for the above task will be negotiated with the successful service provider
Enquiries: Madumetja P Kgobe 011 482 3060 or Paul@cepd.org.za