Work4You is a well-established nonprofit organisation that trains young people with intellectual disabilities and places them in the open labour market. As part of training and fund generation we run a factory that produces dog treats and supplies these to various retail outlets. The organisation operates from its premises in Durham Road Salt River. Work4You is a small but diverse team of caring people who live out our mission to help young people with intellectual disabilities find personal fulfillment and a sense of achievement in their lives.
Work4You seeks to appoint a part-time Sales Person, based in Cape Town.
Work4You would like the candidate to join the organisation in embracing this caring approach to community service. The successful candidate will report to the Operations Manager. The Sales person should be a desk-jockey, who will get out of the office and achieve success through personal face-to-face contact with existing and potential customers.
- Maintain relationships and deliveries to existing customers;
- Expand the organisation's customer base;
- Write a quarterly newsletter and maintaining our website.
- Minimum education level: Matric;
- Prior sales and general business experience;
- Own their own car and have it available for daily work with a valid driver’s license. Work related expenses will be reimbursed;
- Good verbal and written language skills;
- Friendly, confident and good with people;
- Already resident in Cape Town southern suburbs or city bowl;
- Able to manage an existing website is an advantage;
- Previous experience of working for an NGO that deals with disabilities is an advantage;
- The successful applicant must be able to assimilate into and work well with a small team of colleagues, as well as take direction from the Operations Manager;
- Positive and outgoing;
- Kind, caring and comfortable with young adults with disabilities and their families.
- Remuneration: R5 000 per month
- 4 day working week - 20 hours Monday to Thursday (09h00 -14h00)
- Paid leave: 15 days per annum.
To apply, submit a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
No acknowledgement will be sent. If you do not hear from us within one week of the closing data you can assume that your application was unsuccessful.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Need to upgrade your NGO's technology capacity and infrastructure? Need software and hardware at significantly discounted prices? Refer to the SANGOTeCH online technology donation and discount portal at www.sangotech.org