Women On Farms Project
The Women on Farms Project (WFP) is a Stellenbosch-based NGO working with women who live and work on farms in the Western Cape.
WFP seeks to appoint an Executive Director, based in Stellenbosch.
The person will be accountable to the Advisory Board and will be responsible for the organisation as a whole.
This is a permanent contract position.
- Strategic planning;
- Staffing and fundraising;
- Report writing;
- Governance, evaluation, networking and advocacy;
- Profiling the organisation.
To this end the position will be assisted by a strong team comprising of Programme Coordinators, Programme Officers, Financial Manager a Deputy Director as well as an Administration Team.
- Tertiary level qualification or equivalent;
- Management and leadership experience in the development sector of programmes and staff;
- Sound working knowledge of gender and women’s position in agriculture/rural development;
- Working knowledge of the development sector in general and agriculture in particular;
- Sound communication skills (written and verbal);
- Contextual understanding, conceptual ability and proven skill in the key performance areas are a prerequisite;
- Driver’s license is essential.
WFP offers a competitive salary, provident fund and medical aid subsidy. Remuneration is dependent on experience and qualification.
To apply, submit a CV and three contactable references to Alison September at email@example.com or Fax2Mail: 086 732 7856; fax to: 021 887 2963.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
For more about WFP, refer to www.wfp.org.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Follow and support the 2012 SANGONeT "No Pain No Gain" fundraising and awareness-raising campaign. Refer to www.ngopulse.org/npng for more information.