Wits Health Consortium: Fieldworkers - Health Science Interviewer
Wits Health Consortium
The Wits Health Consortium (WHC) is a wholly-owned company of the University of the Witwatersrand under the Faculty of Health Sciences. WHC provides the latter with a legal framework within which to operate the research and other activities necessary to support its academic objectives. In addition, WHC offers a range of products and services to the academics conducting these activities in order to assist with the management thereof.
The WHC seeks to appoint 10 Fieldworkers - Health Science Interviewer, based in DPHRU at the Chris Hani Baragwanath Hospital, Johannesburg.
These persons will conduct household visits in Soweto examining health and health care utilisation.
Successful candidates will be offered a three to four-month contract.
- Fieldwork and questionnaire interviewing;
- Data collection administration;
- Post data reporting, quality control, and processing;
- Other activities related to data management.
- Matric certificate is essential;
- BA, BSC (or equivalent) will be an advantage;
- Minimum of two years experience in research environment;
- High level of computer literacy and advanced use of Microsoft Access will be an advantage;
- Valid driver’s licence is preferable but not essential;
- Fieldwork experience and training will be an advantage.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Candidates who have not been contacted within two weeks of the closing date can consider their applications unsuccessful.
In accordance with the WHC employment equity goals and plan, preference will be given to suitable applicants from designated groups as defined in the Employment Equity Act 55 of 1998 and subsequent amendments thereto.
For more about the Wits Health Consortium, refer to www.witshealth.co.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Follow news, information and updates from SANGONeT and NGO Pulse on Twitter at http://twitter.com/SANGONeT.