Job Title: Social Worker (Supervisor)
Report To: Site Manager
Location: Mtubatuba (Richardsbay)
To guide and supervise Development Facilitators to enable them to acquire the practical/professional expertise required to effectively work with families
- To support DF’s in acquiring the practical and professional expertise required to work with poor families effectively.
- To guide DF’s in accomplishing the learnership. This includes providing effective feedback, assistance to help them strengthen specific knowledge and skill areas that are needed to accomplish a task or solve a problem.
- Managing the integration of theory and practice
- Assist DF’s to locate resources to support their portfolios development.
- Administering and coordinating a comprehensive development work program and overseeing all functions of the site.
- Plans, organises and manages the work of a unit of Development Facilitators (DF) working with poor families.
- Supervise all the administrative functions required in the unit and undertake the higher level administrative functions
- Guiding DF’s to make decisions consistent with available facts, constraints, and probable consequences when working with families. This includes skills in gathering needed information; integrating data from different sources; understanding issues, problems, and opportunities; drawing appropriate conclusions; discovering appropriate solutions; and taking effective action.
- Guide DF’s in the development of resources for the program.
- Introduce DF’s to other systems and professionals, identifying a range of available resources; effectively participating in work groups; involving other stakeholders in decision making
- Ensure that records of family interventions, processes and outcomes are produced and maintained.
- Arrange debriefing and support of DF’s to manage occupational stress and related issues to promote a sound and effective work force
- To assist DF’s in identifying and dealing with cultural issues in their practice.
- Monitors and Evaluates the performance of DF’s and takes or recommends appropriate courses of action
- Represents the organization in stakeholder meetings, conferences and addresses groups on the program where required
- Direct research studies and prepare reports in consultation with the Program Head
3. Statutory Work and Psychosocial Support:
- Attending to families who qualify for foster care placement and supervision
- Providing comprehensive therapy to families in need.
- Degree in Social Work
- Registered with the South African Council for Social Service Professionals
- Minimum 5-6 years’ experience in Social Work
- Knowledge of English, Sepedi and Tsonga languages
- Understanding of Poverty and Development
- Understanding of Families
- Understanding of Participatory approaches
- Coordination skills
- Building networks
- Research Skills
- Good Communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Team player
- Basics of entrepreneurship and enterprise development
- Driver’s License
- Be prepared to reside in the specified municipality
Deadline: 8 February 2015
Quote on email subject address: Social Worker (Supervisor role)
If you don’t hear from us after two months of closing date, kindly note that you application was not successful