The Warehouse Trust
The Warehouse Trust is a church based nonprofit organisation part of the Anglican Parish of St John the Evangelist in Wynberg, Cape Town. The Trust envisions just and transformed communities where the vulnerable are cared for because the local church is a transformative presence.
The Warehouse Trust seeks to appoint an Operations Leader, based in Cape Town.
The person will have strong track record at a senior management and strategic level to lead the operations function of The Warehouse in support of the vision, policies, and goals established by the organisation.
His/her responsibilities will include directing, developing, and coordinating the human, physical, and fiscal resources to accomplish the plan in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders. The position will provide leadership for building an organisational culture that is consistent with The Warehouse strategic plan.
- Appropriate business or management degree preferably at a post graduate level;
- Proven track record at a senior management level (preferably five to ten years) with specific emphasis and experience in managing financial systems;
- Ability to think strategically and ensure practical implementation;
- Ability to manage and motivate teams and individuals;
- Sound judgement. Good analysis and decision making skills, particularly as these relate to processes and systems in the context of limited resources;
- Appropriate knowledge of and ability to apply statutory HR requirements;
- General knowledge of IT systems, hardware and networks and the ability to coordinate IT efforts;
- Good general management skills in running a property and in ensuring its overall maintenance, development and security;
- Ability to develop opportunities to completion (including innovative entrepreneurial ideas) for operational effectiveness and efficiency;
- Experience in management within the nonprofit context will be an advantage;
- Membership of a local church.
To apply, submit a CV and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
The Warehouse reserves the right not to appoint. Should you not hear from the Warehouse within two weeks of the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.
For more about the Warehouse Trust, refer to www.warehouse.org.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Need to upgrade your NGO's technology infrastructure? Need software and hardware at significantly discounted prices? Refer to the SANGOTeCH online technology donation and discount portal at www.sangotech.org for great offerings and savings.