Flemish Association for Development Cooperation and Technical Assistance (VVOB) - South Africa
The Flemish Association for Development Cooperation and Technical Assistance (VVOB) is a nonprofit organisation that, by order of the Flemish and the Belgian governments, contributes to the improvement of the quality of education in developing countries.
The current VVOB Programme in South Africa (2011-2013) focuses on improving the pedagogical, methodological and professional knowledge and skills of lecturers in Further Education and Training colleges. The main partners in this programme are the South African Council for Educators (SACE) and the University of the Free State (UFS). Activities are also implemented together with ETDP-SETA and the South African College Principals Organisation (SACPO).
The new VVOB programme (2014-2016) in South Africa will seek to enhance learning outcomes of male and female learners in numeracy, by means of strengthening skills of primary education teachers and school managers. This new country programme is being formulated in the course of 2013. VVOB will collaborate with the Department of Basic Education, SACE and the Free State Department of Education.
VVOB seeks to appoint a Programme Assistant, based in Bloemfontein, Free State.
The Programme Assistant is expected to provide support to the Programme Advisor based in Bloemfontein in the implementation of the VVOB FET lecturer development programme with the partners in the Free State.
The Programme Assistant will be formally supervised by the Programme Leader based in Pretoria. Day-to-day supervision and guidance is provided by the Programme Advisor based in Bloemfontein.
- Assist in general office management;
- Prepare and follow up on office and activity logistics, such as arranging meeting venues, maintenance of equipment;
- Follow up on expenses on a daily basis;
- Sort documentation for accounting purposes and preparing for entry in the books, scanning docs;
- Respond the office phone;
- Book transportation/flights and accommodation for participants in activities;
- Compile and update of the VVOB address database (e.g. address lists VVOB associates, business contacts);
- Responsible for timely distribution of communication (electronic & non-electronic);
- Reception of daily visitors, dealing with service providers (tel, etc.);
- Minute taking.
- South African national, based in Manguang;
- National Certificate Vocational (NCV), National Diploma or Bachelor Degree related to office administration and management (equal to NQF level 4 to 7);
- Minimum of three years demonstrated working experience in a similar position;
- Ability and willing to travel for short periods of time;
- Accurate and punctual;
- Competent with Microsoft Office applications;
- Team oriented;
- Result oriented;
- Reflective and pursuing continuous improvement;
- Committed to the values and work of VVOB and its partners.
VVOB expects the person to start as soon as possible and offers a contract until 31 December 2013. Extension of the contract is possible based on good performance and availability of funding.
To apply, submit a CV (including telephone number and email address of three referees) and motivation letter (maximum 250 words) to Lindiwe Nzutha at Lindiwe.email@example.com.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
VVOB is committed to providing equal opportunities and practising affirmative action employment.
For more about the Flemish Association for Development Cooperation and Technical Assistance, refer to www.vvob.be/southafrica.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Need to upgrade your NGO's technology capacity and infrastructure? Need software and hardware at significantly discounted prices? Refer to the SANGOTeCH online technology donation and discount portal at www.sangotech.org.