VSO Southern Africa
VSO is the world's leading independent international development organisation that works through volunteers to fight poverty in developing countries. Our high-impact approach brings people together to share skills, build capabilities, promote international understanding and action to change lives and make the world a fairer place. We are recruiting for:
Regional People Manager
The VSO Southern Africa Regional Office is currently recruiting for a highly motivated Regional People Manager to work in our Pretoria office. As part of the Global Business Partner team this position is a strategic partner in driving change and transformation across the region.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of a Global Business Partnering Strategy, working in partnership with the Regional Director and Country Directors to understand regional priorities;
- Develop a shared understanding and work co-operatively and collaboratively to increase performance, deliver group and regional objectives, influence and provide commercially focused solutions and guidance on issues of people management;
- Review organisational effectiveness of the region and work with the People Group team and the Regional Director to deploy solutions through a range of organisational development interventions;
- Develop a proactive resourcing plan for key regional and senior employee vacancies;
- Measure and monitor organisational and people performance, deploying solutions and ensuring effective monitoring, evaluation and reporting processes are in place to facilitate feedback and continuous improvement.
This role will be matrix managed.
Ideal Applicant Summary:
The Essential requirements for this post are:
- Strong generalist Human Resources expertise;
- A recognised professional qualification in Human Resources Management or working towards gaining one;
- Ability to understand business/organisation purpose and the role that people management can play in adding value;
- Previous experience of working in a Business Partner or Human Resources Generalist role in a multi site environment;
- Considerable experience managing professional and collaborative relationships with managers and employees at all levels;
- Excellent interpersonal skills, able to build relationships, influence and gain respect across the organisation;
- Knowledge and experience of Human Resource Information systems and Microsoft packages;
- Service oriented, customer focused approach;
- Practical experience gained within a volunteering/Non Government Organisation context;
- Able to plan, juggle complex multiple priorities within restricted resources;
- Commitment to VSO’s work and values;
- Able to travel and work long hours, including work away from the home base for up to 30% of time;
- Right to work in South Africa.
To apply please go to: http://vso.force.com/jobopportunities/Job_DetailsPage?jid=a0mD0000005riOj
Closing date: 30th January, 2015
We welcome applicants from all sections of the community.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted and invited for interviews.