Bringing People Together In The Fight Against Global Poverty
At VSO Jitolee (VSO) we know people make a powerful difference to the fight against poverty.
VSO sends highly skilled professionals to work on long-term, sustainable solutions. And volunteers are how we do it. VSO volunteers currently work in over 40 countries, mostly in Africa, Asia and the Pacific.
We are currently looking for committed Southern African professionals with degree qualification and a minimum of 4 years experience in the areas listed below, to use their skills to support VSO's work in Africa.
Our placements are for 1-2 years.
We are looking for education professionals with experience as:
- Primary teachers
- Head teachers
We are currently looking for a wide range of health professionals including:
We are currently looking for IT professionals with soft and hardware experience and network management with hands-on and practical experience in:
- Database Management and Design
- ICT systems development
- Management Information Systems (MIS)
We are interested in receiving applications from:
- Electrical Engineers Civil Engineers
- Structural Engineers Mechanical Engineers
To apply, you will need:
- A university degree in your profession and more than four years relevant work experience;
- The commitment to share your skills and experience to contribute towards a positive and lasting impact;
- To be willing to work in another country for 1-2 years;
- To be between 25 and 55 years of age.
You will find more information on VSO’s support and preparation on the VSO Jitolee website: www.vsojitolee.org.
VSO, an equal opportunity employer, values inclusion and seeks to have a diverse workforce. We welcome applicants from all sections of the community.
Due to anticipated interest in this post, only short-listed candidates will receive a response.