Violence Prevention through Urban Upgrading
Violence Prevention through Urban Upgrading NPC (VPUU NPC) develops, plans and implements multisectoral integrated area based upgrading programmes of low income neighbourhoods in former townships and informal settlements in the Cape Town area in a participatory manner with communities in partnership with the City of Cape Town and the Western Cape Government. We work in an integrated transversal team of community participation, socio-economic development, operation and maintenance, planning and design, infrastructure and knowledge management towards sustainable urban neighbourhoods.
VPUU NPC seeks to appoint a Town Planner / Urban Designer (TP/UD01/2014).
Salary: Depending on experience and qualification, up to R360.000 p.a. on a two-year initial contract.
- Prepare land use management processes in low income areas according to LUPO;
- BCDA, LFTEA;
- Assist in developing spatial;
- Urban design and precinct plans;
- Coordinate spatial planning and land use management processes;
- Interface with government and community;
- Master’s Degree in Town Planning and/or Urban Design, Registration with SACPLAN and/or UDISA;
- 5-10 years experience in Town Planning / Urban Design;
- GIS experience,
- Effective oral / written communication skills;
- Report writing skills;
- Prepared to work in a dynamic environment of community development;
- Valid driver’s licence (code 08);
- Relevant computer skills in CAD.
Please forward a CV and a covering letter, including certified copies of your ID and relevant qualifications quoting the correct reference number to: VPUU, PO Box 2373 Cape Town 8000 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date for applications: 5 April 2014
Applicants are respectfully informed that if no notification of appointment is received within one month from the closing date, they must accept that their applications were unsuccessful.
For more about Violence Prevention through Urban Upgrading, refer to www.VPUU.org.za.