Violence Prevention through Urban Upgrading
Violence Prevention through Urban Upgrading NPC (VPUU NPC) develops, plans and implements multisectoral integrated area based upgrading programmes of low income neighbourhoods in former townships and informal settlements in the Cape Town area in a participatory manner with communities in partnership with the City of Cape Town and the Western Cape Government. We work in an integrated transversal team of community participation, socio-economic development, operation and maintenance, planning and design, infrastructure and knowledge management towards sustainable urban neighbourhoods.
VPUU NPC seeks to appoint a Part-Time Informal Settlements Local Economic Development Practitioner / Consultant (LED 04/2014).
Salary: R120.000 per annum
- To actively link business people from informal settlements to LED and BDS programmes such as to Business Place, Dreamworker, DoE and job placement agency;
- Develop and facilitate implementation of area based and sector strategies such as to implement diversification options of businesses and transitions for alcohol-related businesses.
- Tertiary degree in a relevant area of study;
- Driver’s licence and your own transport;
- 5-7 years experience in working in the BDS/LED environment;
- Proven track record of work in low income areas;
- Effective oral / written communication skills in English (Isixhosa and Afrikaans are of advantage);
- A record of engagement on urban development issues, skilled in report writing.
Please forward a CV and a covering letter, including certified copies of your ID and relevant qualifications quoting the correct reference number to: VPUU, PO Box 2373 Cape Town 8000 or Email: email@example.com.
Closing date for applications: 5 April 2014
Applicants are respectfully informed that if no notification of appointment is received within one month from the closing date, they must accept that their applications were unsuccessful.
For more about Violence Prevention through Urban Upgrading, refer to www.VPUU.org.za.