Violence Prevention through Urban Upgrading
Violence Prevention through Urban Upgrading NPC (VPUU NPC) develops, plans and implements multisectoral integrated area based upgrading programmes of low income neighbourhoods in former townships and informal settlements in the Cape Town area in a participatory manner with communities in partnership with the City of Cape Town and the Western Cape Government. We work in an integrated transversal team of community participation, socio-economic development, operation and maintenance, planning and design, infrastructure and knowledge management towards sustainable urban neighbourhoods.
VPUU NPC seeks to appoint a Operation and Maintenance Facilitator - Informal Settlements (OMF06/2014).
Salary: R156 000 p.a. on an initial two-year contract
- To supervise, train, mentor, and lead a group of locally employed people maintaining public infrastructure in informal settlements;
- This includes maintenance of public spaces, landscaped areas, public toilets and water points, stormwater drainage system, repairs and small construction projects to improve the quality of public spaces.
- Relevant qualification and minimum of 7 years experiences in construction industry;
- Ability and experience to train, lead and mentor a team;
- Organisational skills;
- Certified skills in one building trade;
- Computer literacy;
- Effective oral / written communication skills in English and IsiXhosa;
- Reliable and accountable;
- Problem solving skills;
- Valid drivers licence.
Please forward a CV and a covering letter, including certified copies of your ID and relevant qualifications quoting the correct reference number to: VPUU, PO Box 2373 Cape Town 8000 or Email: email@example.com.
Closing date for applications: 5 April 2014
Applicants are respectfully informed that if no notification of appointment is received within one month from the closing date, they must accept that their applications were unsuccessful.
For more about Violence Prevention through Urban Upgrading, refer to www.VPUU.org.za.