Violence Prevention through Urban Upgrading
Violence Prevention through Urban Upgrading NPC (VPUU NPC) develops, plans and implements multisectoral integrated area based upgrading programmes of low income neighbourhoods in former townships and informal settlements in the Cape Town area in a participatory manner with communities in partnership with the City of Cape Town and the Western Cape Government. We work in an integrated transversal team of community participation, socio-economic development, operation and maintenance, planning and design, infrastructure and knowledge management towards sustainable urban neighbourhoods.
VPUU NPC seeks to appoint a Community Facilitator (CF05/2014).
Salary: R156 000 p.a. on an initial two-year contract
- To provide a communication channel between VPUU, the communities and other
- relevant stakeholders and role payers within the project area, and to coordinate the implementation of
- the VPUU Programme on a local level;
- Training and management of local project committees (SNAC);
- Implementation of social and community based projects;
- Tracking of project implementation;
- Monthly reports;
- Consultative meetings with community structures;
- Local marketing of initiatives.
- Relevant degree / diploma, proven community / civil society involvement and capacity building experience including rapid urban appraisals;
- Effective oral / written communication skills in English and IsiXhosa;
- Skilled in report writing and minute taking;
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Email;
- Project management skills;
- Own car and valid driver’s licence
Please forward a CV and a covering letter, including certified copies of your ID and relevant qualifications quoting the correct reference number to: VPUU, PO Box 2373 Cape Town 8000 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date for applications: 5 April 2014
Applicants are respectfully informed that if no notification of appointment is received within one month from the closing date, they must accept that their applications were unsuccessful.
For more about Violence Prevention through Urban Upgrading, refer to www.VPUU.org.za.