Vision AfriKa (established in 2003) is an organisation that supports youth in their process of personal growth and development. As part of its expansion plans the organisation will be establishing an independent Primary School in Kayamandi, Stellenbosch.
Vision AfriKa seeks to appoint a part-time Fundraiser, based in Kayamandi, Stellenbosch.
The position is for 20 hours per week initially with a strong possibility of increased scope over time. The successful incumbent will not be required to work from or keep office hours but will have to be located within the greater Cape Town or Cape Winelands area for contact sessions with management.
The inherent potential of our South African children and youth from impoverished communities is undeveloped and they reach adulthood unequipped to take advantage of or create opportunities to reshape their future. At Vision AfriKa we address this with an innovative blend of traditional and progressive education strategies in our 2-22 year intensive education program. The organisation believes that positive change is achievable and work to endow individuals with practical methods to succeed in school, choose healthy lifestyles, challenge barriers to success, and take responsibility for creating a personal ‘Story of Success’.
- Actively fundraise and mobilise resources to support the activities of the organisation;
- Compile persuasive concept notes, project ideas, project proposals, based on the priorities of the organisation and ensure their timely submission;
- Regularly monitor donor websites and identify donor opportunities matching the work of the organisation;
- Compile and maintain a database of international and local donor organisations;
- Present reports to management;
- Maintain relationships with existing donors, build contacts and relationships with new donors, respond to their requests regularly, provide regular updates about the work of the organisation;
- Assist with identification of cause-related marketing opportunities;
- Assist colleagues with securing sponsorship and contributions for special events and campaigns.
- Undertake independent research in finding alternative resources for long-term organisational sustainability;
- Marketing and or Communications qualifications;
- Applicants should have a minimum of three years’ fundraising experience in the NGO sector;
- Strong technical management of philanthropic fundraising techniques: direct mail, face-to-face fundraising, major donor recruitment, legacy programmes and special events campaigns;
- Understanding of the child and youth development sector;
- Digital literacy and ability to work with Microsoft packages; Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Valid driver’s licence;
To apply, submit a CV and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
If you are not invited for an interview within 10 days of the deadline for applications, consider your application unsuccessful. Vision AfriKa reserves the right not to fill the position.
For more about Vision AfriKa, refer to www.visionafrika.com.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Need to upgrade your NGO's technology capacity and infrastructure? Need software and hardware at significantly discounted prices? Refer to the SANGOTeCH online technology donation and discount portal at www.sangotech.org.