Vision AfriKa (established in 2003) is an organisation that supports youth (aged 2-22) in their process of personal growth and development. As part of its expansion plans the organisation will be establishing an independent Primary School in Kayamandi, Stellenbosch.
Vision AfriKa seek to appoint a full-time Foundation Phase Teacher, based in Stellenbosch, Western Cape.
Working hours: Monday to Thursday - 8h00 to 17h00; Friday from 8h00 to 16h00.
Starting date: 12 January 2015.
- Relevant degree/diploma in education and at least five years’ experience in preferably Foundation Phase education;
- Have well-developed communication and written skills in English (isiXhosa and/or Afrikaans would be beneficial);
- Well-developed understanding of and experience in intercultural communication;
- Excellent presentation and facilitation skills;
- Proven conflict management and resolution skills;
- Sound understanding of CAPS and NELDS curriculums;
- Planning, organisational and decision making ability;
- Experience in office administration;
- Confidence, confidentiality, tact and discretion when dealing with all people;
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated, positive, self-disciplined and a pro-active approach in day-to-day work;
- Advanced Computer literacy in particular Microsoft Office, Outlook and Internet;
- Be a team player;
- Ability to multi-task effectively;
- Passion for community development;
- Can perform mundane to high level tasks;
- Perceptive, creative and ability to make things happen (self-motivated);
- Detail oriented, networking skills, well-organised and structured
- Calm under pressure;
- Committed and loyal.
- Report directly to the Operations Manager;
- Liaise with the staff of the Crèche and Primary School Aftercare programme to ensure integration of programme approaches;
- Enable disadvantaged children to acquire skills which they were previously deprived of;
- Develop and nurture the academic skills of learners with special emphasis on literacy and numeracy.
- Develop/source new teaching material and practices for the Primary School.
- Develop and implement monitoring and report on progress of programmes and individual learners on a monthly basis.
- Ensure compliance with all Department of Education reporting and other requirements
- Network with similar projects to ensure best practices.
- Have functional and effective lines of communication between other schools, parents and sponsors where necessary.
- Attend weekly staff meetings where a report has to be submitted;
- Attend goal-setting and review meetings at the end of every term where a written report has to be submitted;
- Attend year-end review meetings where a written report has to be submitted;
- Attend courses arranged by Vision AfriKa to improve job skills.
Salary: Commensurate with experience.
To apply, submit a CV and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by 12h00.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
For more about Vision AfriKa, refer to www.visionafrika.com.
Want to reach the widest spectrum of NGO and development stakeholders in South Africa as part of your communication and outreach objectives? Learn more about how the NGO Pulse Premium Advertising Service can support your communication requirements. Visit http://goo.gl/MUCvL for more information.