Community Law Centre, UWC
The Community Law Centre, forming part of the Law Faculty at the University of the Western Cape (UWC), was established in 1990 and specialises in democratic values and human rights of South Africa's Constitution, emphasising children's rights, gender, local government and socio-economic rights.
The Centre seeks to appoint a dynamic Information Manager, based in Western Cape.
This is a one-year renewable contract position.
Relevant experience and a post-Matric qualification are pre-requisites for this post. The successful candidate should have experience in web development and/or maintaining online content. Prior experience in an academic and/or legal context will be an advantage.
- Daily managing of a legal research resource centre with a collection of over 11 000 holdings;
- Training and assisting researchers and post graduate law students in finding hard copy and electronic resources;
- Maintaining the Centre’s websites through a content management system and liaising with web hosts;
- Marketing the Centre via social media;
- Preparing newsletters and reports, including quarterly and annual reports.
To apply, submit a CV, contact details of two referees and letter of motivation indicating your suitability for the position to D Gordon at firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to: 021 959 2411.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Enquiries: D Gordon, Tel: 021 959 2912.
In line with the University’s commitment to diversifying its workforce, application for the designated groups will be given priority consideration.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
For more about the UWC Community Law Centre, refer to www.communitylawcentre.org.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Need to upgrade your NGO's technology capacity and infrastructure? Need software and hardware at significantly discounted prices? Refer to the SANGOTeCH online technology donation and discount portal at www.sangotech.org.