Uviwe Child & Youth Services
Uviwe Child & Youth Services (previously Port Elizabeth (PE) Childline and Family Centre) is a nonprofit organisation that promotes children’s rights in the field of violence against children.
PE Childline and Family Centre seeks to appoint a Coordinator – Child Abuse and Crisis Unit, based in Port Elizabeth, Eastern Cape.
- Responsible for the implementation, maintenance and monitoring of an integrated Child Abuse Crisis Management Programme Framework;
- Manage and coordinates effective individual and team performance – act as coordinator for all tasks and projects of the CACU. Responsible for delivery of work output as part of Uviwe’s leadership team;
- Provide effective supervision to the team to ensure compliance with minimum norms and standards for child protection systems and Children’s Court Inquiries;
- Responsible for the Management Information System: Ensure data input, monitoring, trend analysis and reports regarding team outputs;
- To participate in relevant local and provincial committees and forums;
- To be innovative and adaptable in terms of meeting the requirements of a learning organisation and best practise child protection organisation;
- Human Resources (HR), performance management, staff development and team building.
- Valid driver’s licence;
- Registration with the SACSSP as qualified Social Worker;
- Minimum of three years social work experience – in a crisis environment, dealing with child protection issues/challenges and experience in working with abuse;
- Minimum of two years coordination experience (management/supervisory or project coordination);
- Knowledge of children’s Legislation, NSPG and relevant understanding of human behaviour and social systems;
- Experience in, or knowledge of family preservation, child abuse, intensive family support services;
- Knowledge of procedural requirements in terms of tracings (adoption related);
- Ability to work in a crisis environment with high levels of stress and emergency decision making responsibility;
- Managerial and leadership skills;
- Organisational skills/ability, including administrative skills, time management, planning and control functions;
- Programme and project management skills/ability;
- Computer literacy essential.
To apply, submit CV, copies of your qualifications and motivation letter Suana Jordaan at email@example.com or fax: 041 453 0446.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Enquiries: Tel: 041 453 0441/2/5/.
For more about PE Childline and Family Centre, refer to www.childlineec.co.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Want to reach the widest spectrum of NGO and development stakeholders in South Africa as part of your communication and outreach objectives? Learn more about how the NGO Pulse Premium Advertising Service can support your communication requirements. Visit http://goo.gl/MUCvL for more information.