Uviwe Child and Youth Services
Uviwe Child and Youth Services (previously Port Elizabeth (PE) Childline and Family Centre) is a nonprofit organisation that promotes children’s rights in the field of violence against children.
Uviwe Child and Youth Services seeks to appoint a Social Work Supervisor for the Family and Victim Empowerment team, based in Port Elizabeth.
The successful candidate should have supervisory experience, as well as working knowledge of programmes for child victims of abuse, rape, crime and related socio-economic conditions.
- Render developmental social work services to children and families who are at risk and exposed to sexual abuse;
- Provide early intervention services by means of ensuring the care, support, protection and development of vulnerable individuals, groups, families and
- communities through the relevant programmes;
- Responsible for case load management, administrative tasks and monitoring and evaluation;
- Highlight urgent cases for case panels to ensure high quality service that complies with organisational policies and procedures;
- Monitor return dates and provide feedback in terms of reports, process notes and file care;
- Provide supervision on files to the team to ensure compliance with minimum norms and standards for child protection systems and Children’s Court Inquiries;
- Highlight areas of needs of Social Workers to be discuss with Programme Manager in supervision.
- Valid driver's licence;
- Registration with SACSSP as a qualified Social Worker;
- Minimum of two years experience in Social Work at supervisory / coordination level;
- Knowledge of Children’s Legislation, NSPG and relevant understanding of human behaviour and social systems;
- Experience in, or knowledge of Family Preservation, Child Abuse, Intensive Family Support Services;
- Ability to work in a crisis environment with high levels of stress and emergency decision making;
- Managerial and leadership skills;
- Administrative skills eg. time management, planning and control;
- Programme and project management skills / ability;
- Computer literacy essential;
- Preference will be given to internal applications; however external applications will not be excluded.
To apply, submit a CV and motivational letter with copies of your qualifications for the attention of: Suana Jordaan (HR Administrator) at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
For more about PE Childline and Family Centre, refer to www.childlineec.co.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Follow news, information and updates from SANGONeT and NGO Pulse on Twitter at http://twitter.com/SANGONeT.