Uviwe Child and Youth Services
Uviwe Child and Youth Services (previously Port Elizabeth (PE) Childline and Family Centre) is a nonprofit organisation that promotes children’s rights in the field of violence against children.
Uviwe Child and Youth Services seeks to appoint a Social Auxilliary Worker for the Youth Services department, based in Port Elizabeth, Eastern Cape.
Starting date:October / November 2013.
- Co-implementation and maintenance of the Uviwe School Support programme, under the supervision of a Social Worker;
- Act as a co-facilitator for youth life skills training and group work interventions;
- Work in a dynamic team and take self-responsibility for tasks assigned to the SAW;
- Co-facilitation of the youth forum;
- Cooperate in any youth services that form part of Uviwe’s organisational vision;
- Administrative, reporting and documenting requirements in the team;
- Management Information System: Ensure data input and accuracy;
- Participate in relevant local committees and forums;
- To be innovative and adaptable in terms of meeting the requirements of a learning organisation and child protection organisation.
- Valid driver’s licence will be advantageous;
- Registration as a qualified Social Auxiliary Worker with the SACSSP;
- Minimum of two years experience as a SAW in a youth services / development environment;
- Experience of group work and youth interventions such as school after care, tutoring or mentorship programmes;
- Knowledge of Children’s Legislation, NSPG and relevant understanding of human behaviour and social systems;
- Knowledge of the National Youth Policy (2009-2014);
- Experience in, or knowledge of Family Preservation, Child Abuse and Youth Services;
- Computer literacy essential.
To apply, submit CV, copies of your qualifications and motivation letter Suana Jordaan at email@example.com or fax: 041 453 0446.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Enquiries: Tel: 041 453 0441/2/5/.
For more about PE Childline and Family Centre, refer to www.childlineec.co.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Need to upgrade your NGO's technology capacity and infrastructure? Need software and hardware at significantly discounted prices? Refer to the SANGOTeCH online technology donation and discount portal at www.sangotech.org.