Uviwe Child and Youth Services
Uviwe Child and Youth Services (previously Port Elizabeth (PE) Childline and Family Centre) is a nonprofit organisation that promotes children’s rights in the field of violence against children.
Uviwe Child and Youth Services seeks to appoint a Content Editor - Social Media and Website, based in Port Elizabeth, Eastern Cape.
The successful candidate should be a qualified and experienced multi-media content and website-editor. Strong journalistic and technical skills will be required to manage the interactive content of our website, online donation campaigns, external newsletter and social media.
This is a part-time position (average three hours a day) - 66 hours per month
- An appropriate qualification in one of the fields of journalism, writing, or online communication;
- Experience in setting up and maintaining key social media platforms such as Facebook, Pinterest and Twitter - experience in more than one of these fields will be advantageous;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English;
- Minimum three to five years web copywriting and editing experience;
- Thoroughly familiar with Ruby on Rails as an open source web application framework. (Ruby programming language, web usability principles, search engine optimisation and website information architecture);
- Ability to work independently and under pressure while still prioritising accuracy;
- Desirable: Familiarity with the nonprofit sector, Understanding of Photoshop, Blogging experience;
- Desirable: experience in a fundraising environment and the use of online donation campaigns;
- Computer literacy essential;
- Excellence in gathering information from relevant stakeholders for newsletter and online media engagement (mailchimp experience preferable).
To apply, submit a CV and motivational letter together with copies of your qualification for attention of Suana Jordaan (HR Administrator) at firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 041 453 0446.
Enquiries: Tel: 041 453 0441/2/5/
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
For more about PE Childline and Family Centre, refer to www.childlineec.co.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Want to reach the widest spectrum of NGO and development stakeholders in South Africa as part of your communication and outreach objectives? Learn more about how the NGO Pulse Premium Advertising Service can support your communication requirements. Visit http://goo.gl/MUCvL for more information.