UVIWE CHILD & YOUTH SERVICES (previously known as PE Childline)
Uviwe Child and Youth Services (previously Port Elizabeth (PE) Childline and Family Centre) is a nonprofit organisation that promotes children’s rights in the field of violence against children.
Uviwe Child and Youth Services seeks appoint a young part-time (afternoon only)Child and Youth Care Worker, based in Schauderville Toy Library, Port Elizabeth.
The person will work with children between the ages 5-14 years, within a community based child protection model. Youth workers must have passion for working with children, be innovative and creative in the implementation of numerous activities and programmes.
Working hours: Monday – Thursday: 13:00 - 16:30 (3.5 hours per day). This a limited duration contract. The person must have own transport to work in Schauderville.
- Preference will be given to youth workers who have prior training in child & youth care work and who is registered with the SACSSP in the “child & youth care worker” category;
- Must have at least two years experience in working with children from diverse back grounds;
- Must have knowledge of the “circle of courage” approach;
- Must have knowledge and experience to work in the life space of children;
- Preference will be given to youth workers who has experience in designing a programme with age appropriate activities;
- Must have a positive attitude;
- Must be a team player, i.e. be able to work in a team;
- Must be able to work under pressure and “think on your feet”;
- Must be fluent in Afrikaans and English.
To apply, submit a CV and motivational letter with copies of your qualifications for the attention of: Suana Jordaan (HR Administrator) at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Should you not receive communication from us within two weeks of submitting your application, consider your application unsuccessful.
Any applications that do not have a cover letter and/or include a CV with qualifications will automatically be considered.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
As a child- focused organisation, Uviwe Child and Youth Services is committed to the protection of children and does not employ staff whose background is not suitable for working with children. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible.
For more about PE Childline and Family Centre, refer to www.childlineec.co.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Need to upgrade your NGO's technology capacity and infrastructure? Need software and hardware at significantly discounted prices? Refer to the SANGOTeCH online technology donation and discount portal at www.sangotech.org.