University Research South Africa (URSA)
University Research South Africa (URSA) is a nonprofit organisation that works to help South Africa meet its most pressing health challenges.
The Tuberculosis (TB) Programme South Africa is funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) and implemented by URC. The TB Programme is a technical assistance project that works to strengthen TB control and prevention initiatives. The project focuses on providing assistance in strengthening TB care initiatives at the provincial, district, and community level, as well as, strengthening the health system to manage the pressures exerted by the HIV and AIDS epidemic in all nine provinces. The TB Programme works closely with the South African National Department of Health (DoH) and other stakeholders to support the government’s health sector reform through the expansion of quality and accessible TB services in line with the National Strategic Plan for South Africa, 2012 -2013.
URSA seeks to appoint a Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Advisor for the USAID TB) Programme South Africa.
Job Ref: FY2014.7005.6
The Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Advisor will be responsible for managing and coordinating the monitoring and evaluation activities of the USAID TUBERCULOSIS Project.
- Take lead in the design of the M&E tools and frameworks;
- Prepare annual and quarterly M&E workplans in consultation with the Project Director;
- Prepare/write technical reports, Analyse routine reporting data;
- Participate in national and provincial task forces and provide inputs on M&E issues;
- Collaborate with NTP/NDOH/PDOHs in developing local level capacity in M&E;
- Develop capacity of the USAID TUBERCULOSIS Project staff in M&E tools.
- Meet regularly with NTP and other stakeholders as appropriate and the USAID/South Africa to identify issues and to report programme accomplishments, constraints, etc.;
- Liaise with CDC, WHO and other stakeholders on M&E issues, as appropriate
- Provide monthly and quarterly status reports to the USAID TUBERCULOSIS Project Director on M&E issues;
- Conduct periodic dissemination meetings to present results of the TB project.
- Demonstrated M&E skills;
- Master’s degree in health, health sciences, management or related fields, significant experience in the field of TB and HIV/AIDS;
- Past experience in working with international development partners, NDOH, and UN agencies preferable;
- Demonstrated achievements in the field of public health in general and TB in particular.
To apply, submit a CV and motivation letter indicating the job title in the subject line to T Morake at email@example.com.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Enquiries: T Morake, Tel: 012 484 9337.
Correspondence will only be conducted with the shortlisted candidates. Should you not have heard from us within a month of the closing date, consider that your application was unsuccessful.
URC is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We value and seek diversity in our workforce.
For more about the University Research South Africa, refer to www.ursa.za.com.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Want to reach the widest spectrum of NGO and development stakeholders in South Africa as part of your communication and outreach objectives? Learn more about how the NGO Pulse Premium Advertising Service can support your communication requirements. Visit http://goo.gl/MUCvL for more information.